Family Values

Pat Robertson left his family values at the door when he went on the air today.

“The man’s off in a foreign land and he’s lonely and here’s a good-looking lady throwing herself at him. He’s a man.”

Shorter Robertson: Aw shucks. He’s just a man. It’s what men do. And she’s a slutty temptress.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    If Pat Robertson was around during the reign of King David, he’d absolve David of Uriah the Hittite’s murder and blame it on Uriah for having the gall to be married to Bathsheba in the first place. And of course, Bathsheba would be guilty of something just by virtue of having a vagina.

  • i_am_allwrite

    I fucking hate the Christian right. These assholes want the 10 commandments plastered everywhere, but apparently there’s some wiggle room around the “covet thy neighbor’s wife” commandment, not to mention “thou shalt not kill”–these are a couple of soldiers who were adulterating, after all. And for Catholics and others who believe in venial sin (the 7 deadlies), he violated one of those as well, but that’s just fine. Pretty much anything is okay as long as he’s not a fag. Their own god and the pope deliberately laid out the worst types of sin, never mentioned queers, yet adultery and lust are okay, because, you know, he’s a dude. Meanwhile Robertson is rabidly anti-gay because of a passage in the most batshit crazy book of the old testament which says that lying with another man is a sin on par with eating meat and dairy off of the same plate.
    Note to the fucking hypocrites: the bible wasn’t written in English, and there is no direct translation in Hebrew for the word “abomination”.

    • Zen Diesel

      I always like to point out to my baby jesus sky wizard loving friends that they should take the time to research the history of that King James fella whose bible happen to be one of the most popular ones of today. King James was a lil unhinged, and it’s batshit crazy to take the bible as the gospel. You are spot on about the hypocrisy of the bible thumping Christian right. They are so full of shit.

      • i_am_allwrite

        Amen.
        I’d really love to poll the deep south about what language the bible was written in. I bet the top 3 answers would be English, Latin, and ‘Merican.

        • Zen Diesel

          That I don’t doubt, and those same folks will tell you that God sat down with the founding fathers to write the Constitution as well.

          • 1933john

            And Jesus was a white guy that rode a
            dinasaur thru the Gand Canyon in 6092 BC.

  • gescove

    Does Pat Robertson have a neck? It doesn’t look like it. His sh*t-filled head probably crushed his rickety spine. Plus, he would TOTALLY do a lady triathlete. Pathetic.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Pat Robertson was a dithering old fool over 30 years ago, and nothing’s changed.

    • D_C_Wilson

      The Alzheimer’s is really starting to show.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Foreign land? The guy’s been working in Quantico for the past couple of years.

      The other four star hypocrite has been exiled in Tampa.

    I see three possibilities here: 1. Christianity doesn’t consider “adultery” as much of a sin as they used to. (It used to be in the top ten.) 2. Pat Robertson is cutting the General some slack because he was a Republican appointee. 3. Pat Robertson is a blithering idiot. I realize it is hard to know given the choices.

    • incredulous72

      I’ll take number 3 for $1200, Michael.

  • Brutlyhonest

    He said the same, “He’s a man” thing about President Clinton. Right?

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    This shyster is a multi-millionaire because of fools giving him money.
    It’s kinda like how the Vegas strip was built.