He’s Back

Maybe it’s just my sense of humor, but I could not watch this again without fits of uncontrollable laughter and guffaws.

And how could one forget the endlessly-quotable “Don’t get sick. If you do get sick, die quickly.”

That’s right. Alan Grayson will be back in the House of Representatives in the next session of Congress. And this amuses me greatly, because while I know he has his share of critics on the Left as well as on the Right, I also know congressional Republicans will recoil in horror as he trolls them with gusto.

  • http://twitter.com/Norbrookc Norbrook

    Hopefully, he learned some lessons from his spanking the last time around.

    First, as popular as he is with “the netroots,” they aren’t his constituents.
    Second, constituent service matters, particularly if you plan on getting re-elected.
    Third, listen to your constituents, don’t lecture them.

    Those are all things I heard from people in his district during his last go-round, and it’s a big reason why he ended up losing by 15 points.

    • drsquid

      A lot of those problems can be solved by running as far away as possible from Matt Stoller, his old political director.

      It also looks like the Rostenkowski effect is not in effect this time. IOW, they won’t say, “Thanks for beating the crook, now go away.”

  • roxsteady

    I couldn’t agree with you more Ashby! I like Grayson a lot and mostly because he really ticks of the asshats in the House. I understand he won pretty big and hopefully he’ll be able to stay this time.

  • D_C_Wilson

    As long as he doesn’t tweet a shot of his wiener, I’m good.

  • rikyrah

    I’m so glad he’s back

    • agrazingmoose

      Me too.