Jackass Quote of the Day

“I should try it because, do you know how fabulous I’d look. I’d be so skinny. I mean, the camera adds ten pounds.” -Fox News’ Andrea Tantaros on the SNAP challenge

Could you live off $133 per month ($4 per day) for food? Personally I know I couldn’t, but according to Fox News serious person Andrea Tantaros, doing so sounds like a great idea because she would look “fabulous” afterward.

Tantaros’ remarks were made in response to Fox News host Stuart Varney following a short but pointless discussion about Newark Mayor Cory Booker taking the SNAP challenge in a faceoff with his critics. And Tantaros may think she would look “fabulous” after living off food stamps for an extended period of time, but the truth is she would not look fabulous, feel fabulous, or perform fabulously in her day-to-day life.

People who survive on food stamps are tired, they have trouble focusing on their duties, and they’re constantly hungry. There’s nothing glamorous about it. And to imply that people on food stamps actually have it pretty good because their budget does not allow them to eat more is gloriously asshole-ish.

I’m sure most of those who have no choice other than to go hungry, and thus lose weight, would rather not be in that position.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • margietalks

    Here’s the thing with a comment like Andreas, life has a way of bringing about the thing you do not for see. She has a lack of compassion and humility…”There for the grace of God, go I”… It’s pathetic!

  • muselet

    And the award for Least Self-Aware Living Being goes to … *drum roll* … Andrea Tantaros of Fox News Channel!

    There’s another way for Ms. Tantaros to lose weight. Sew her big mouth shut. This would also add a bonus of her not having stupid shit come out of it.

  • zirgar

    These right wing dimwits grow more and more detestable and moronic each and every day.

  • mrbrink

    She probably wouldn’t know how to shop and that’s not intended to be an insult. It would take her weeks if not several months to figure out how to shop(repetitive diet, or skipping meals, and learning to love 20 pound bags of white rice, 3lb. tubes containing 75% lean ground beef, powdered foods, “meat ends” at the deli)and not suffer mentally and physically from a dangerous lack of nutrition, or proper nutrition.

    But there are a several resources available for meal planning through the USDA.

    For SNAP budgets, the Recipe Finder could be helpful.

    Just forget about fresh fruits and vegetables.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Even by Fox standards, Tantaros is a moron.

    The Mayor of Phoenix tried living off food stamps and some articles on his experience were real eye openers. Why is it that assholes like Tartaro just don’t get what an advantage it is to be middle class and well fed? It can make the difference between getting a C versus an A, winning a football game or not, avoiding illness or not, etc.

    Perfect example was the HS football team in GA that was losing because their players weren’t getting enough to eat (the average calorie intake from federally funded school lunches was literally not enough in addition to meals with their family for them to make it through practices during the week to prepare for weekend games). The coach invested about $3 per day per student for an extra meal and the team improved enough to win the state championship.

    Food–what a difference it makes, eh?