Jindal Condemns Romney’s Latest Doofery

It looks like the governor of Louisiana is going rogue. Jindal on Romney’s latest nonsense:

“That is absolutely wrong,” Jindal told reporters in Las Vegas at the Republican Governors Association meeting. “Two points on that. One, we have got to stop dividing American voters. We need to go after 100 percent of the votes, not 53 percent — we need to go after every single vote. And second, we need to continue to show that our policies help every voter out there achieve the American dream, which is to be in the middle class, which is to be able to give their children the opportunity to get a great education, which is for their children to have even better-paying jobs than their parents.”

Yeah, sounds like someone is lining up for 2016.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Zen Diesel

    It will be curious to see if the Confederate Party outside his home state, will accept Jindal. Will he be considered a true “Merican” or will be disqualified as a front runner for the Confederate Party due to his umm….tan.

  • roxsteady

    My thoughts exactly Bob. JinDull isn’t fooling anyone. This is the same guy refusing to implement the ACA in Louisana and who despises the very programs that he would need to champion to attract the coalition that Obama and the Dems put together.

  • Draxiar

    “…we need to continue to show that our policies help every voter out there achieve the American dream, which is to be in the middle class, which is to be able to give their children the opportunity to get a great education, which is for their children to have even better-paying jobs than their parents.”

    Now if only they had policies that actually did that they might have a better time selling them.

    • bphoon

      We’re talking Republican policies here. Not gonna happen any time soon.

  • JMAshby

    Volcano monitoring.

    • gescove

      Exactly. Was there ever a worse “rebuttal” to a State of the Union address than Jindal’s? Sorry… not ready for the big leagues.

      • Brutlyhonest

        Bob McDonnell’s was pretty bad, too.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Michele Bachmann’s teabagger rebuttal where she never once look at the camera comes to mind.

  • muselet

    It would take cojones the size of cabbages to say to the Republican Governors Association what Bobby Jindal said to reporters, and I don’t think Jindal has those. Outside the room, he’s sprinting away from the Romneyshambles; inside, my money says he’s singing loudly from the same hymnal as everyone else.

    –alopecia

    • gescove

      Romneyshambles. Alert the Oxford Dictionary!

      • muselet

        The good people at the OED already know about “omnishambles”, and last summer the British press dubbed his three-stop world tour—the one on which he repeatedly insulted the UK—the Romneyshambles. I’m just standing on the shoulders of giants.

    So how does Gov. Jindal propose to show the current GOP platform of “Let the rich white guys do whatever they want with no obligation to the rest of us while submitting to demands of scared, racist Jesusfreak cacus” achieves the American Dream to majority of citizens?

    How will he convince the “47%” to stop leeching off the “job creators” and all those voting but apparently not real Americans (ie. blacks, hispanics, asians, and women) that second class status is actually good for them?

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Bobby Jindal telling the GOP to straighten up is like OJ looking for the real killers though.

    Let’s keep in mind, this is a guy who believes he performed an EXORCISM in college. He’s Sarah Palin with a tan.

  • DKEL

    Not just Jindal.

    David Frum: “Mitt Romney was very wrong to see 2012 as a referendum on ‘stuff.’ It was a referendum on the question, which candidate would do a better job promoting prosperity and creating jobs. That was the referendum that Romney and the Republican party lost. We lost both because voters did not believe in the job-creating magic of upper-income tax cuts – and because voters were unpersuaded that the GOP even cared that much about job creation, as opposed to wealth preservation.”

    Matt Lewis: “Romney’s theory isn’t just wrong, it’s pernicious. Here’s hoping he finally rides off into the political sunset.”

    Ana Navarro: “Livid at Romney saying Obama won b/c offered minorities ‘gifts.’ As if he didn’t alienate Hispanics enuf while running! Look in mirror, Mitt.” (via Twitter)

    • bphoon

      These sentiments have a more authentic ring to them than Piyush Jindal’s. At least Frum has been criticizing the GOP from time to time for a few years now.

      As for Piyush–this is a doofus calling another doofus a doofus. It’s obvious that he’s lining up for 2016, although, isn’t some rwnj somewhere likely to suggest that he’s some sort of secret Hindu or some shit?

      • DKEL

        My favorite so far comes from Ed Rogers.

        “There is no Romney wing in the party that he needs to address. He never developed an emotional foothold within the GOP so he can exit the stage anytime and no one will mourn.”

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Why is it that everything that comes out of the rightwing these days is delusional pandering laced with denial? Well it ain’t because they have bad messaging as some of them suggest.
    It may be because they have bad policies and the American electorate just told them to shove their pro-corporate, theocratic, trickle-down bullshit.

  • http://twitter.com/Beau_fish leah #lovemyplanet

    No chance.

  • http://twitter.com/Beau_fish leah #lovemyplanet

    A republican resurrection is needed with people who are educated know how to govern and regulate, free of the need to moralize every act of its citizen and able to be authentic, open minded and prepared.
    What good is a fiscal conservative who wants to save water when his house is burning?

  • D_C_Wilson

    The clincher will be when Bobby starts talking about his love of deep-fried butter, corn dogs, and ethanol subsidies.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    And soon, Jindal will say he never meant saying that stuff thanks to getting cattle prodded in the ballsack by Roger Ailes and Rush Limbaugh.