Math You Do As a Republican to Make Yourself Feel Better

You will absolutely lose your shit watching clips of last night’s Daily Show

What follows is comedy gold.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Comedy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • bphoon

    Math You Do As a Republican to Make Yourself Feel Better

    That Megyn Kelly came up with that line is arguably more astounding that just about anything else that happened that night. She might as well have said, “Karl, you’re full of shit.”

    Classic.

  • rob black

    Today, Karl is saying that Obama succeeded in “suppressing the vote” by using negative advertising to “mis-characterize” Mitt Romney.
    He actually used the term “suppressed the vote”……Karl Rove said that..in public.
    It’s really hard to nail down a good comment on that “tactic” from the “master strategist” who just pissed away in excess of $300 million in other peoples money, so I am going with:: Bat shit insane or scared shit less?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Karl’s trying to save his ass. He pissed away hundreds of millions of dollars from his donors with nothing to show for it. Now he’s got to find some other excuse for why he was so wrong or he’s done as a consultant.

      • incredulous72

        “Now he’s got to find some other excuse for why he was so wrong or he’s done as a consultant.”

        I hope you’re right.

    • muselet

      Yeah, Karl Rove has a pair of big, round, brass ones to say that. On the other hand, he’s auditioning for that permanent analyst gig on Fox, so he had to come up with something snappy.

      Most of the time, in my experience, people resort to logical gymnastics like that when they realize they’re circling the drain.

      Keep in mind, Faux News is still paying Sarah Palin to share her wit and wisdom with us on their air. However much we’d like to think he’s through, I fear Rove will continue uninterrupted on Faux News because he and those like him are like a bad case of the clap: they just won’t go away.

  • Brutlyhonest

    As I watched the Daily Show, I kept waiting for the false equivalence. But it, thankfully, never happened.
    It will surely return. But until it does, welcome back Jon!

  • margietalks

    Hello Bob, me again. I’ve promised myself that today is the last soaking it in day that I am gonna throw at this election. Either that or I’m gonna have to check into an election rehab center. As you will recall, I pointed out on several ocassions that I had not seen any Romney yard signs in my community whereas in past elections, McCain and Bush signs were everywhere. I told myself that something was off. Either folks weren’t feeling the passion for Romney or they would shame vote him. Well, speaking of math – today I was looking at the final election popular vote totals for 2012 Romney and also for 2008 McCain. Here’s the math – 2012 Romney 57,468,587 and 2008 McCain 59,934,814. The war hero takes the cake! These are said to be the final totals and maybe the numbers will adjust out here and there but not by over 2 million votes. America was not feeling the love that Romney claimed.

    • Eric Valpey

      Huge number of votes haven’t been counted. http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/there-are-no-missing-voters

      • margietalks

        It’s been a long, exciting week and the adrenaline is just starting to drain from my system so my comparison of the popular vote between Romney and McCain is totally trivial. I’ll have to wait a couple of months to recheck the numbers – if I get around to it. I just feel a bit vindicated in what my own senses were telling me…. there is not the interest in the public for Romney that the ‘media’ was telling me.

  • D_C_Wilson

    BTW, this is my favorite line regarding Megyn Kelly’s journey to investigate Fox’s own analysts:

    “This is Fox News,” an insider said, “so anytime there’s a chance to show off Megyn Kelly’s legs they’ll go for it.”

    http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/11/07/1158221/fox-news-megyn-kelly-legs/

    • BuffaloBuckeye

      I’m fine with that, a show has to play to it’s strenths.

      • D_C_Wilson

        At least even they know it’s not accurate reporting or intelligent analysis.