Mitt Romney Really Believes the 47-Percent Crap

The Republicans continue their outreach campaign to the demographic groups that represent, you know, the future of America. Mitt Romney was once again caught on tape discussing his actual views on half the nation.

“The president’s campaign, if you will, focused on giving targeted groups a big gift,” Romney said in a call to donors on Wednesday. “He made a big effort on small things.”

Romney said his campaign, in contrast, had been about “big issues for the whole country.” He said he faced problems as a candidate because he was “getting beat up” by the Obama campaign and that the debates allowed him to come back.

[...]

Among the “gifts” Romney cited were free health care “in perpetuity,” which he said was highly motivational to black and Hispanic voters as well as for voters making $25,000 to $35,000 a year.

Romney also said the administration’s promise to offer what he called “amnesty” to the children of illegal immigrants – what he termed “the so-called DREAM Act kids” – helped send Hispanics to the polls for Obama.

Young voters, Romney said, were motivated by the administration’s plan for partial forgiveness of college loan interest and being able to remain on their parents’ health insurance plans. Young women had an additional incentive to vote for Obama because of free contraception coverage under the president’s health care plan, he said.

The election is over and he repeated the remarks that cost him the election. In other words, he meant what he said about the 47 percent.

    Such a jackass.

    What I find fucking mystifying is that Romney doesn’t see that not raising taxes on the wealthy is a gift to them considering history.

    See, if you need something in order to not be homeless or go hungry you’re a fucking loser moocher who failed at life (even though you may be a vet, retired, recently laid off, etc). If you’re gifted something because you can bribe people to get it then well, you’re obviously one of the beautiful people that deserves to be richer continuously at someone else’s expense.

    And Mitt, fuck you, you fucking fuck. Nice job on taking personal responsibility for your own dreadful faults and policies that cost you the election. The Republicans love to pontificate about personal responsibility until they have to claim it. So let’s turn his words on him, “We’re never going to convince him that he should take personal responsibility so our job is to not worry about him.”

      Here, here! Well said.

    • stacib23

      What I find fucking mystifying is that Romney doesn’t see that not raising taxes on the wealthy is a gift to them considering history.

      Raising taxes on the wealthy will never be considered a gift to the rich – it’s their due for being job creators and all that stuff.

    • incredulous72

      “If you’re gifted something because you can bribe people to get it then well, you’re obviously one of the beautiful people that deserves to be richer continuously at someone else’s expense.”

      Isn’t this the definition of a grifter? ;-)

  • JLM452

    All the “class” attributed to Romney with his concession speech just went out the window. Between this and Ryan’s “urban areas” comment the reality of these two clowns couldn’t be clearer.

    “free healthcare in perpetuity”

    WTF is he talking about?!?! First of all I still can’t get any healthcare. Second of all when I can, it will cost me anywhere from $12,000 to $16,000 a year. If I did only make $35,000 would I be able to afford that? No. It would take someone making almost $100,000 to be able to comfortably cover that kind of cost and live a middle class lifestyle. He just doesn’t have a clue. So fucking glad he lost.

  • 1933john

    Midterm Madness, anyone?

  • Zen Diesel

    What a huge steaming pile of shit, the Rombot 2012 has become. This leaves no doubt in my mind, had that clown won, the 99% would have been royally fucked.

    • stacib23

      You had doubt?

      • Zen Diesel

        None whatsoever, I am still pissed that 47% of the country voted for that jackass.

  • trgahan

    The problem with the “47 Percent” argument is that more than 47 Percent of Americans live in economic reality and less than 10 percent live in world Romney have never had to look outside of.

    Mitt and his cronies have locked onto that 47 percent number because it is less than 50 percent and they can deceive themselves into thinking they have a majority and SHOULD be winning these elections. They are only losing because non-Americans like blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and women are voting against them.

  • Chris Andersen

    The Makers vs. Takers talk is the real Achilles Heel of the GOP. The more they continue to say that the only reason people vote for Dems is because they want free stuff the more they hammer the nails into their own coffins.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    I believe that romney is one of the dumbest fucking people I’ve seen. Reinforcing a damaging position and not taking responsiblilty fro gettin his ass handed to him.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    It’s funny; during the election, listening to Grand Nagus Mitt dutifully recite his talking points, one had to wonder, “Is he really that big of a dick?”

    I guess we have our answer.

  • bphoon

    …he meant what he said about the 47 percent.

    It’s the “real” Mitt Romney if such a person actually exists. As Susan Collins, I think, said, it’s the only sincere thing he said the whole campaign.

  • D_C_Wilson

    The one consistency Mitt had throughout the campaign was the everyone else was beneath him.