Mitt Romney Saw ‘Lincoln’ Over the Weekend

Actually, no he didn’t.

Mitt and Ann Romney were spotted at the new Twilight movie in California, TMZ reports.

Yeah, the weekend when Lincoln opened, Mitt Romney chose to see the new Twilight movie instead.

We totally dodged a huge pile of crapola two weeks ago.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Movies and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JMAshby

    Apparently it was date night.

    That’s pretty sad.

  • Joel Berger

    Well, it is a Mormon movie.

  • gescove

    I am not surprised. Romney IS a vampire.

  • LK3

    Gee, I wonder if the serious journalists will ask him if he is Team Edward of Team (I have no idea who the other is)?
    You know, the truly important question of our time. (Facepalm)

    • ElayneB

      Team Jacob. Romney is totally Team Edward. Ice cold skin, sucks the life out of things, bad actor. LOL. He ‘sparkles” in the sunlight, but it’s an optical illusion.

  • M312

    That’s fucking hilarious.

  • stacib23

    It’s only been two weeks?

    “Yeah, the weekend when Lincoln opened”

    To be fair, Lincoln opened *wide* this week, but has been playing in CA (and NY) for several weeks already, so it’s certainly possible they actually did see it.

    On the flip side, I think it’s only fair that Ann pick the movie after he got to pick everything they did for the last year (or six).

  • D_C_Wilson

    Twilight is after all, Mormon abstinence porn.

  • muselet

    A middle-aged couple voluntarily watched The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn—Part 2.

    I don’t have anything to add, I just had to type that because it’s so damn’ funny.

    –alopecia

  • http://www.facebook.com/apocooter Mike Edinger

    Really? You’re bagging on Mitt Romney for Twilight? No freaking wonder half the country thinks liberals are nothing more than intellectual snobs.

      I’m sure he would have made an excellent president of the 6th grade.

    • gescove

      Not at all. Plus, Mitt and Ann will totally “heart” their upcoming date night to a Justin Bieber concert.

    • M312

      Aw, what half is that?

    • Brutlyhonest

      We should have, instead, come up with a snappy slogan like Sore/Loserman!

    • muselet

      Intellectual snobs? Because we’re amused that a 65-year-old man and his 63-year-old wife went to a movie that’s marketed to tweens and early teens?

      In all seriousness, if Mitt and Ann Romney like the Twilight movies, good on ‘em. We all have our guilty pleasures.

      And you’ll notice that, for all the barracking going on, nobody here is accusing conservatives of being nothing more than intellectual lightweights. Could it be that we liberals are better at recognizing the limits of inductive reasoning?

      –alopecia

      • http://www.facebook.com/apocooter Mike Edinger

        No, I’m saying we have very real things to criticize Mitt Romney for and that to point and laugh at him for seeing a terrible movie based on an even worse book just makes us look foolish.

        • Victor_the_Crab

          Just for your information, I’d be facepalming if the President and First Lady both admitted to going out to see the Twilight movies.

  • Ned F

    I’m more surprised the Romney’s went out t o an actual theater, I would expect them to have a private screening in their own megaplex home theater.

    • Nefercat

      This is the only way these days that they can see people standing in line for an event at which the Romneys will be present.

      • incredulous72

        Nice.

    How old are they? Geez………..