Pay Attention to the Nerdy Number Wizards

All of the serious math nerd statisticians and their electoral maps have been compiled here.

But watch out. Dean Chambers from Unskewed Polls and other right-wing bubble boys think Nate Silver and the others are slender, effete wizards and they might zap you with their wizard wands and turn you into a gay math nerd.

By the way, all of the serious electoral map projections show the president winning the election. The best money is on 303 electoral votes.

Adding… If the president wins, I repeat: conservatives will attempt to “unskew” the election results.

  • http://rob.yurkowski.net/ Rob Yurkowski

    It’s also worth noting that the NYT put out a really cool interactive tool that maps how President Obama can win (and how Gov. Romney can win, too, I suppose). Things are pretty positive for Obama supporters, especially if he wins Florida.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    The right will throw such a temper tantrum, as they always do, when Obama wins on Tuesday. If a child acted out the way the right does, their parents would haul them off, drop their pants, and give them such a spanking with a hairbrush that their asses would be as red white and blue as the American flag.

    • roxsteady

      You’re so right Victorthecrab! And, I’m personally looking forward to it. I’m actually going to pop over to fox news just after the election is called for Obama. I’m hoping that these pundits are wrong and that we won’t be glued to the tv all night waiting to find out who wins because I want to capture the looks on the faces of those douchebags over at fox. Hell, I may even check in on Wednesday morning to watch the 3 Stooges, Carlson, Doocy and Kilmead shit their pants on national tv!

      /jumping up and down

      Oh, oh, oh…can I give the spanking?! please?

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Take a number. >:D

  • roxsteady

    I understand that Margaret Sullivan, the ignorant NY Times Public Editor who criticized Nate Silver for his bet with that idiot Joe Scarborough on who would win the election received lots of flack from supporters of Nate in various tweets, emails and blog comments. Good! All of these wingnuts are basically math deniers. They look at the polls and can’t understand why their guy is getting his ass kicked so it must be a conspiracy. Personally, I hope that all of the polling is correct because my sister and I plan to pop the Champagne as soon as Obama is declared the winner of Ohio. As for Ms Sullivan….I hope she expresses her criticisms of her co-workers to their faces in the future and not in print! Then again, perhaps she should have written an editorial about that bullshit op ed that David Brooks wrote about Romney being the one capable of breaking the log jam in his own wingnut caucus. Now that was straight up science fiction!

      Thanks for the reminder…need to pick up champagne (and a bottle of whiskey in case of a loss)

  • mrbrink

    Right wing conservatives are still trying to bully the “nerd” in high school but that shit doesn’t fly here in the real world. In this, the outside world, Nerd is King, motherfuckers, and Nerd don’t even have to throw a punch to kick the ever loving shit out of their soul and send them home crying to a cardboard box altar of their own shit.

    If this were a science fair, Wingnuts have resorted to knocking over all the exhibit tables and threatening to burn down the school.

    I think the whole Nate Silver vs. The Monkey Shit People is a real life tale of redemption and comeuppance.

    • Brutlyhonest

      Nate Silver vs. The Monkey Shit People

      That should be the title of his next book … or your Sunday morning post …

      My only concern for the election is whether or not people will get off their asses and vote. I think a lot of the rwnj histrionics is intended to motivate their laggards to do just that while hoping Democratic voters feel confident enough in a win they won’t bother to vote unless it’s super convenient.

    • GeneralLerong

      Nate Silver vs. The Monkey Shit People.

      Beauty, mrbrink. Made me grin so hard my face cramped.

      • LK3

        We just got a message here on LI, where I live, that they are trying to figure out polling as we will have no power and it is not expected until
        the 10th!?!?!

        • incredulous72

          I feel for you, LK3. Hoping that estimate is wrong and you’ll get power MUCH SOONER.

          Fellow NYer.

          • LK3

            Thank you so much incredulous72 – I hope you fared as well as could be during this storm. I am less worried about my own power – just really want to be sure that all of us who are able can get to the voting booth. And, that everyone who lost so much more, gets the support they need. But I truly thank you for your well wishes. They are returned to you

  • rob black

    Just wanted to check in with this historical breaking story:
    Yesterday, in a courthouse, in the reddest county,in the reddest state, in the entire country: A vote was cast for Barrack Hussein Obama and Joe Biden.
    It happened. I was there.
    Carry on….
    P.S. Stunned Romney campaign insiders are refusing comment pending a full investigation.
    Developing: Fox News calls story “laughable” , “desperate” ” an obvious propaganda ploy on part of Obama campaign in closing days of election.”
    Coulter weighs in: “Mythical” traitor voter, obviously “retarded”, possibly “mongoloid” or “octaroon”…abruptly ends interview and begins licking herself.

      “abruptly ends interview and begins licking herself”

      Perfect. ;)

      • rob black

        True story…I was there…for the voting part..

  • villemar

    But Math is an Islamofascist plot to impose Sharia law under the boot-heel of that Muslin Kenyan Commie Nazi who stole the White House via Acorn and the 3 members of the New Black Panthers. I mean really, Arabic numerals? It’s just so obvious.

      Don’t forget to add their charge that he isn’t very smart but he is also an academic elitist……they haz a confused

      • incredulous72

        ” . . . they haz a confused”

        LOL!

    This is what Chambers writes about Nate Silver:

    “Nate Silver is a man of very small stature, a thin and effeminate man with a soft-sounding voice”

    What is it with the right and their obsession with denigrating people’s physical appearance? If he were a seven-foot tall, 300-lb beer-chugging football player, his calculations would be just as valid.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      It’s obvious people like Chambers hide their sexuality deep inside the closet where nobody will look.