Photo of the Day

Tammy Duckworth on her first day in congress.

Duckworth defeated Joe “Deadbeat Dad” Walsh in last week’s election.

(photo via AP)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • bphoon

    Richly deserved.

  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    Awesome lady is awesome.

  • http://twitter.com/bobbiebarnhill bobbie barnhill

    The goodness of this country brings tears to my eyes.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Sometimes, the good guys do win.

  • http://twitter.com/bardgal Tally Briggs

    ❤³

  • Woodshedding

    What’s really cool to me is, as much as I’ve heard about Tammy Duckworth, I had no idea of her physical state of affairs. What I mean is, people aren’t making that the main thing.

    • bphoon

      A very compelling part of her story. An Army Blackhawk pilot, Maj. (now Lt. Col) Duckworth was shot down during a combat mission in Iraq. As a result of her injuries, she lost both of her legs.

      She is the finest example of people who, having served and sacrificed for our nation, pull themselves up to live productive lives in spite of their sacrifice.

      She deserves the admiration of everyone regardless of their political affiliation, which makes Joe Walsh all the more despicable since he opined that she wasn’t a “real hero” because she talked about her service and heroes don’t do that. Joe Walsh, who never served a day in his life.

        I wonder how many votes Walsh lost because of that little gem of a quote. Evidently enough to get her elected. Teehee

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/2ZO62SQCP44JWSTPRATWNQURX4 Tracy

    Well, let’s hope she stays honest and doesn’t become corrupt like the rest of them. Payoffs and bribes will change her!

  • agrazingmoose

    I absolutely love this woman!

  • muselet

    Words cannot describe how much I like that photo.

    I heart her.

  • http://twitter.com/KQuark KQµårk™

    Never has a more worthy representative of the people replace such an unworthy representative of same.

  • Chachizel

    Amazing. A true role model for my 3 daughters. Even for my son for that matter. Truly an incredible person… Male or female

  • http://twitter.com/geejayeff geejayeff

    So happy she won. Wonderful to have a woman and a veteran representing in congress. Also too, I love her smile!

  • Zen Diesel

    Two words “Frickin Awesome”

    Woohoo!

  • http://www.facebook.com/rycarson Ryan Carson

    And her tireless service to this nation continues. Godspeed, Senator.