Quote of the Day

“Last week, The Onion said I was going to become a male stripper. The Onion is probably more accurate than Tom Friedman.” -Education Secretary Arne Duncan

Here’s Friedman’s baffling column wherein he asserts that Arne Duncan should be Secretary of State.

The crux of Friedman’s rationale is that Arne Duncan could masterfully preside over a redesigned foreign aide program that forces other nations to “race to the top” in a competition for our foreign aide dollars.

Because that’s not condescending at all.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Username1016

    Aid, not aide. Aides are like interns, and we do NOT want to go there.

  • muselet

    What a load of codswallop.

    On the plus side, this is one of the few Thomas Friedman columns that doesn’t feature an alarmingly articulate cab driver who just happens to support exactly the policy Friedman finds reasonable.

      He’s branching out to middle school janitors now.

  • swift_4

    “Because that’s not condescending at all.”

    Funny. That’s how teachers feel about Race to the Top.

      My thoughts exactly!