Romney’s Bogus Deep Throat

This is hilarious. Romney tried push a “Benghazi-Gate” Deep Throat government source at Bob Woodward. Yes, really.

“Some people close to Romney, a couple of weeks ago, just showed up at my house and said that they had somebody in a very sensitive position in the U.S. government who was willing to meet with me and give me information about Benghazi,” Woodward told Hannity.

After the source failed to show at several meetings, Woodward said he finally met the person and was disappointed by the quality of the information.

“He finally showed up and he didn’t have anything where he had any firsthand knowledge,” Woodward said. “He said you ought to talk to his person and that person and so forth.”

They literally tried to construct a Watergate style scenario around a non-scandal. Disgraceful.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Libya and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • bphoon

    I saw this in Huffington Post this morning. Typical Republican overreach.

  • muselet

    *sniff*

    Yep, that’s flop sweat, all right.

    –alopecia

  • margietalks

    Remember the tape where Romney said that 47% of us were slackers, who needed our Mama Merica to take care of us? Several weeks ago, I saw on Daily Kos where another section of that tape was released and in it they were talking about how “too bad you don’t’ have something like the Iran hostage situation that Reagan had.” And Romney actually said that if something develops, they’d use it. So that Benghazi thing is a real long fishing trip that came back empty handed.

  • http://twitter.com/FritzEcokoehn ekonokoehn
  • incredulous72

    I had a good “guffaw” when I read that this morning.

  • D_C_Wilson

    It was clear they had a framework set up that read, “Insert scandal here”. They were just so sure there would something to put into that slot.

    And if they had to step over the bodies of dead Americans to do it, so be it.