Senator Ron Johnson: Mansplainer

How will Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) welcome fellow Senator-elect Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) to congress’s upper chamber? By sitting down with her and explaining how the world works, of course.

He told the AP he looked forward to meeting with her in person soon to discuss the issues facing the country.

“Hopefully I can sit down and lay out for her my best understanding of the federal budget because they’re simply the facts,” he said. “Hopefully she’ll agree with what the facts are and work toward common sense solutions.” […]

Johnson attributed Obama’s win on the heels of those Republican gains in Wisconsin to an uninformed electorate who voted in this election but not in the Walker recall.

“If you aren’t properly informed, if you don’t understand the problems facing this nation, you are that much more prone to falling prey to demagoguing solutions. And the problem with demagoguing solutions is they don’t work,” Johnson said. “I am concerned about people who don’t fully understand the very ugly math we are facing in this country.”

Hopefully she’ll agree with what I say are the facts.

Senator Ron Johnson’s implication that the people who reelected President Obama, and thus Tammy Baldwin, are simply uninformed and don’t understand how things work is further evidence that Republicans are not going to learn the proper lessons from this election.

The arrogance required to remain this confident in the fidelity of their own beliefs is staggering.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Misogyny and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    One thing you will never see is a republican admitting that they lost an election because they ran a bad campaign or their ideas were rejected. If they lose that means the democrats either stole the election or the voters were just too stupid to see how self-evidently true republican ideas are. The denial train has left the station already. Rush and O’Reilly are going full racist and blaming the loss on too many minorities.

    Anyone who thought this defeat would result in the GOP doing some soul-searching and deciding to abandon extremism was kidding themselves.

  • jackcrow2001

    At first I truly hoped that the Republicans would have an epiphany, to realize that toxic racist, sexist, ignorant, hate, fear, politics have got to end, if not out of a sense of human decency, then out of pure survival instinct. Since the election the only consistant new idea I’ve heard from the Right wingers is “Gee maybe we gotta reach out to Latino’s now” not to be inclusive of African Americans, LGBT, Women, nope the right just figures to swallow a little bit of the contempt they have for “the others”, to suck it up and pretend to accept Hispanic’s in order to gain some voting numbers. Now I assume that the right will attempt to use Latino’s the same way that they have played the church crowd, lots of talk and bluster, not much real effect…….

    BTW I’m a Puerto Rican living in West by god Virginia and I’d like to say to any insincere Republican outreach……..BIIIIIITTTTEEE MEEEEEEE! seriously just bite me.

    Later Days

  • muselet

    What a wanker.

    And after hearing Senator Johnson explain these things and how she should work, Senator-elect Tammy Baldwin will look him in the face and say to him “Thank you for your input, Senator. Now go stick it up your ass, sideways, douche!”

  • http://twitter.com/dignthestruggle Doug Jones

    I really dig this. The definition of a patronizing jerk.

    Hey, Ron: TAMMY IS ALREADY IN CONGRESS. SHE KNOWS HOW THE FEDERAL BUDGET WORKS.

    I’ve never seen a better demonstration of how important is is to change filibuster rules, or just eliminate them altogether. We’ve got to pass budgets and legislation through the Senate so Harry can get to conference with House leadership.

  • bphoon

    “If you aren’t properly informed, if you don’t understand the problems facing this nation, you are that much more prone to falling prey to demagoguing solutions. And the problem with demagoguing solutions is they don’t work,”

    I had to look twice at the context cuz I could swear he was talking about the Republican electorate.

    I don’t think for a minute that the Tea Party crowd will have some sort of epiphany and suddenly see the light and change course. I doubt many of them are even capable of introspection. I wonder, however, if any of the few remaining moderate Republicans will grow a pair and decide their days of being cowed by Tea Party bullying are over. This remains to be seen; it’ll play out, I think, during the “fiscal cliff” drama.