Super Stupid

According to Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), Republicans aren’t protecting rich, they’re actually looking out for the “poorest among us.”

LEE: People need to understand that the reason we worry about raising taxes on anyone – even raising taxes on the rich – it’s not that we’re looking out for the rich, it’s not that we’re concerned that the rich won’t be able to fend for themselves, because they will. It’s because we worry about the consequences that will inevitably result from that action and that will hit the poorest among us the hardest.

Mike Lee is either a wolf in sheep’s clothes and he’s lying, or he’s really as dumb as he appears to be when claiming tax hikes on the rich will hurt the poorest among us the most.

Because taxing that $1.2 billion Sheldon Adelson just voted to give himself at a 3 percent higher rate would be devastating for people working for minimum wage. Think of the children!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Check me if I’m wrong but is this guy beating the trickle down drum? that’s what I’m getting out of it.

    I’ll paraphrase:

    “If we tax rich people, the money taken in taxes won’t trickle down to the poor.”

    If this is what he’s really saying then I need not diatribe on the faulty logic of his statement.

    • bphoon

      “If we tax rich people, the money taken in taxes won’t trickle down to the poor.”

      After 30+ years of this experiment, it hasn’t trickled down yet, so what’s the difference?

      Mike Lee is either a wolf in sheep’s clothes and he’s lying, or he’s really as dumb as he appears to be…

      I think he’s both. He’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing trying to continue a misinformation campaign but dumb enough not to realize the majority of American’s ain’t buying it anymore.

    • muselet

      That’s what he’s saying. What a surprise.

    Another oligarch warning us to be very afraid of what our wealthy overlords will do to us if we raise their taxes a bit.

    I swear, to hear Republicans talk over the last few years you’d think that America’s m/billionaires are cowards, too afraid of potential changes in the law and the tax code to invest in their businesses, hire people and help the economy; stupid and incompetent, unable to do business and comply with the law at the same time; immature and emotionally fragile, unable to do business in an environment where they are not constantly and exclusively treated with adulation; petty, vindictive and mean-spirited, purposefully hurting people in retaliation for modest legal and social obligations.

    Who are these people?

    • JMAshby

      I think that pretty much sums it up. And then you have a whole host of people who fancy themselves as one of them who never will be.

        “Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of becoming rich than face the reality of being poor” — John Dickinson, 1776 (the character in the play/movie, not the actual delegate from PA)

    • Draxiar

      They’re people who obviously have no ability to comprehend history since tax rates were much higher on rich people during booming economies.

      This fact makes me giggle at the big hole in their argument boat.

    • muselet

      It hurts to type this, but the Rs are right about that.

      (Ow ow ow ow ow!)

      Well, they’re partly right.

      (Oh, good, that doesn’t sting nearly as much.)

      Look at the behavior of large corporations: they’re not investing or hiring, but they are bleating about all the onerous new taxes and regulations they’re facing (in reality, of course, they’re not) and that the awful dead hand of Government Regulation is making it impossible to do business. Look at the big banks in the runup to the 2012 election: Wall Street had its collective knickers in a twist because Barack Obama wasn’t toadying sufficiently to them and told a supposedly hurtful joke (forgetting that none of their CEOs got frog-marched out of their offices in handcuffs). Look at the chain restaurant owners/franchisees who are cutting or threatening to cut their employees’ hours—and thus their compensation—rather than contribute to their health insurance.

      Cowardly? Check. Stupid and incompetent? Check. Immature and emotionally fragile? Check. Petty, vindictive and mean-spirited? Check.

      Oh, dear. That means the Rs really are right.

      (Ow! Ow ow ow!)

      In many cases, (Papa Johns), they are all of the above.

  • r_dale

    Mikey Lee (R-Punch Me Face) is a lightweight who thinks he’s a “constitutional scholar.” He’s an embarrassment to the state of Utah, and considering the rest of our delegation, that’s saying a lot! He rode the tea tantrum wave in 2010, defeating a republican who actually did some good, and since that time has done nothing but prove what a pouty baby he is.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Mike Lee is a concern troll.