The 47 Percent Will Have The Last Laugh

For my money, this moment defined this election more than anything else.

This, coming out of Mitt Romney’s mouth, so comprehensively reflected how Republicans view America that it will forever be burned into our collective memory.

They believe half the country are entitled victims who aren’t willing to take responsibility for themselves. Contempt for the electorate oozes from every word uttered in this Randian screed delivered by Pastor Mitt Romney to the choir of the privileged whose own sense of entitlement to power, low taxes, and moral deferment rivals that of anyone.

It was by far the ugliest, most anti-American idea to infest the election cycle.

I give honorable mentions to self-deportation and “corporations are people.”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/KenInCO Ken Johnson

    I hate to say it, but the first debate was the defining moment. That was the first time many people were paying attention to the race and the President was a no-show. We’d be talking historic landslide right now if he had smacked Romney around like he did in the other two debates.

    • JMAshby

      That’s spin worthy of cable news.

      • http://twitter.com/KenInCO Ken Johnson

        Spin? Sheesh. Just my perfectly valid opinion backed up by the numbers. The President had a huge lead before that debate. In my opinion the gap would not have closed if he had performed better.

        • JMAshby

          And you think that defines the election? A 90 minute debate performance? Not an entire political ideology based on alienating half the country?

          • http://twitter.com/KenInCO Ken Johnson

            In the minds of the dumbasses who changed their preference after that debate, it obviously did. All I was saying is that the President had a chance to bury Romney and instead he let him get close by treating that first debate more like a joint press conference where you’re supposed to play nice. I don’t know why you’re trying to debate me as if I am one of the easily misled sheep who flipped his vote to the New and Improved Moderate Mitt. I hate everything the man stands for. Just looking at him makes my skin crawl.

  • Brutlyhonest

    That’s, “corporations are people, my friend.” The last two words as spoken are very important because he spat it with contempt.

  • kushiro -

    I dunno, JM. Peggy Noonan seems pretty sure that Romney’s wrapped it up. She saw with her own eyes that the great unwashed are coming out in throngs to see happy Mitt, and that Obama just looks tired.

    Also something about an old flag.

  • margietalks

    I predict that one day we will all know just what happened in that first debate. The president said that he had an off night. But I have been paying attention to this campaign from the beginning – even through the Republican nominating process. Romney declared himself severely conservative. He was carrying that big back pack of right wing goodies throughout to get the nomination. He shows up at the first debate “old, moderate Mitt.” He started saying stuff that I too had heard him the week before saying the opposite. It jerks a knot in a person’s soul. Even though the president took a hit to hold back. He may have done the right thing. I do agree that the contempt for the unrich in the secret tape is dispicable. I pray without ceasing that God will find something else for Mitt to do besides lie to us day in and day out.

    And one more defining moment is when Jeep and GM busted Mitt’s chops for one lie too far! Bless their hearts!

  • mrbrink

    Oozes, baby! Oozes.

    Hallelujah-hula hoops, people! Pastor Mitt is a dangerous authoritarian weirdo.

    The Republican party’s first rebuttal to President Obama’s first major address, other than the obvious Wilkes Booth Party conspiracy to politically assassinate the president and his character, was given by Bob McDonnell from the Jefferson Davis Confederate Capital of American History.

    Bad optics? We’re way beyond bad optics.

    Mitt Romney spoke in Lynchburg, Virginia today on the eve of the election. He could have stopped anywhere in the country. He only had something like five stops today and he could have stopped anywhere in the state. He stopped in Lynchburg.

    I’m pretty sure it’s things like this all along and everything in between why these spoiled yuk mouth fuckers should lose their bet with America and laughed out of contention for generations.

  • http://profiles.yahoo.com/u/GIQIFF7A7RFUB5SZVHTELINBLE oron

    The 47% remark is particularly offensive when it comes out that he didn’t pay income tax for 15 years. But its those other lazy bums who don’t pay their fair share. You know, the ones that collect a pittance every month in food stamps. Not the ones who get millions in corporate subsidies and grants.