The Aftermath

Artist – Dave Granlund

Did anyone else get sick after traveling or visiting family for the holiday?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000098740588 Jeremy Grunloh

    “Did anyone else get sick after traveling or visiting family for the holiday?”

    Geezus, yes! I caught a cold from somebody. That’s gravy, though. My big thing was how exhausting it was to censor my brain. I was surrounded by belligerently uninformed wingnuts with ‘family privledge’. Since the Right has ruined almost every subject worth discussing through their round the clock lie machine, if I want to keep things pleasant, I have to spend every moment engaging in small talk (i.e. being polite and/or pretending I didn’t just hear that factualy wrong thing you just said) around my mother and stepfather.

    I can’t even talk about the weather since they’ve turned into climate change deniers.

    I’ll put it this way: the audio book of Glenn Beck’s ‘The Christmas Sweater’ sat proudly on their CD shelf.

      You have my condolences

      • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000098740588 Jeremy Grunloh

        Thanks. :)

  • ElayneB

    LOL, I’m still trying to get over a 1 year old’s birthday party 2 weeks ago. Those kids were little petri dishes.