The Daily Banter Mail Bag Loves Schadenfreude

This week’s questions for me, Chez and Ben:

1) I know you’ve talked about this before but given the beating the Republicans took on Tuesday do you think ANYTHING will change in the GOP? Will they muzzle the crazies? Will they compromise? Will they stop locking themselves in an informational echo chamber? Or do you think everything will stay the same as in Obama’s first term?
– Marie

2) Do you think social media have (or will) fundamentally changed the way campaigns are run? Facebook offers a venue for quick, cheap bumper stick sloganeering (you know what I’m talking about), but it also gives an opportunity to address the issue immediately and directly. If a friend posted some garbage talking point about gas prices, the economy ,or welfare drug tests, I could immediately fact check them with sources. Granted, it would rarely change that person’s mind, but how many of that person’s friends see the rebuttal? Do you think that this election will be the last time a campaign is run as cynically as Romney’s because of social media changing the way we interact politically?
– Mike

3) How fucked is Karl Rove?
– Carlos

Answers here.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Daily Banter and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JackDaniel07

    hahaha goddamn awesome question, Carlos

  • muselet

    My gut tells me that Karl Rove will be back for one more presidential election. If the Republican candidate wins in 2016, Rove will be back in the game and everyone on the Right will forgive him for 2012; if the R loses, Rove will be radioactive.

      I think Rove has been radioactive for a very long time. I mean, have you seen that melon he calls a head?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “How fucked is Karl Rove?”

    Hopefully, ass-raped in prison kind of fucked.

    My take on the first question, the republiCONs do not learn from their mistakes, look at 2006 and 2008. The first few weeks after their loss is entertaining as they lash about to try and figure out how the lost, but in the end the crazies always reasert themselves.

    They seriously have to lose elections back-to-back-to-back, one after the other if anything is ever going to change. If they do well in 2014 midterms they will insist that it’s because the nation is open to their lies. They need to lose big in 2014 and 2016 and if possible, 2018. They have to lose consistantly to be made totally irrelivant.