The Shocking Incompetence of the Republican GOTV Effort

Some of this post is wonky but it illustrates how the Republicans completely screwed the pooch on their get-out-the-vote effort. The upshot:

So, the end result was that 30,000+ of the most active and fired-up volunteers were wandering around confused and frustrated when they could have been doing anything else to help. Like driving people to the polls, phone-banking, walking door-to-door, etc. We lost by fairly small margins in Florida, Virginia, Ohio and Colorado. If this had worked could it have closed the gap? I sure hope not for my sanity’s sake.

Keep going, Republicans. You’re doing great!

    I saw this via Mother Jones yesterday. Delicious.

  • Ipecac

    That form is exactly correct. They needed two chairs, one to sit on and one to yell at incoherently. Duh.

      hahahahahaha love it!

  • rob black

    Regarding this, and the entire campaign’s apparent shock and awe at being so royally thumped, despite all the evidence leading in:

    “This is a campaign that apparently degenerated at its end into the tale of a blindfolded man crossing a yard full of rakes. This was a campaign made up, from top to bottom, of people who could be stuck up through the mail….- Charlie Peirce at Esquire

    He concludes with a jpeg of a box of rocks.

    I hope everyone remembers coming in to these “negotiations” over problems that, without their obstruction, would be easily solvable:
    From top to bottom, these people just are not very bright.