They Aren’t Serious

Rather than confront a real issue and something that concerns average people, Republicans would rather stick their fingers in their ears and say “blah blah blah I can’t hear you.” Or in this case, “blah blah blah Libya!”

Why are we talking about voter suppression rather than some phantom Benghazi cover up? Probably because voter suppression is a real issue and Benghazi is a nothingburger cooked up in the break room at Fox News.

As evidenced by Joe’s behavior today, it’s quite clear that Republicans are convinced that the media is somehow in cahoots with the Obama administration, or at the very least the State Department, in covering up some fictitious, gross breach of ethics. As if the issue isn’t being properly vetted. Just like the president supposedly wasn’t vetted.

Virtually every conspiratorial claim put forth by Fox News and the Republicans regarding the attack on the American embassy in Libya has been debunked by the State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency, but empirical reality clearly isn’t an obstacle on their path to electoral ruin.

We’re less than 24 hours away from one of the biggest elections in our history and Republicans like Joe are clinging to their conspiracy theories and white privilege like their proverbial guns and religion.

With any luck they’ll crawl into a bottle for the rest of the week, or the rest of the year, to drown their sorrows.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Morning Joe, Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Joe’s childish behavior may be just the way he displays panic as we near election day.
    Let’s not forget that Republicans represent every single recent failure in our nation and all they have left are antics, lies and diversions.

  • Ned F

    I really hope President Obama gets re-elected, I’m sooo looking forward to my free Obamaphone. That, and finally bringing in the UN to get started taking everyone’s guns away.

  • muselet

    Why does anyone watch Joe Scarborough’s show? Better question, why does Joe Scarborough have a television show anywhere but a local public access channel?

    –alopecia

  • roxsteady

    What an asshole! And that monkey faced David Gregory is equally ignorant. Steve Schmidt is also full of shit. It’s going to be both interesting and maddening watching him on MSNBC tomorrow night when he faces Rachel Maddow who isn’t amused by this voter supression shit at all. Personally, I think Phil Griffin is an asswipe for hiring Schmidt, Michael Steele, and that wingnut S.E. Cupp. I don’t like Republicans but, if I did, I wouldn’t be watching MSNBC…I’d be watching fox, which is where all of these douchebags belong. Griffin needs to get rid of all of them and send Scarborough packing as well. I hope that John Lewis gives Griffin a call to express his disgust with Scarborough’s ugly display of insensitivity.

  • roxsteady

    By the way, while Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes and the rest of the grown ups from MSNBC’s primetime line up are on the air tomorrow night, Scarborough and his idiot spokesmodel Mika will be hosting a forum at the 92 Street Y. I think that is fitting! They’ll both be where the action is decidely NOT!

  • mrbrink

    Joe Scarborough wants to talk about skeletons in the closet.

    Really?

    Oh, shit. I’d love my own morning show where I could WAKE UP! with America and talk at length at America’s hump night hangover about questions surrounding that dead girl found in Joe Scarborough’s old Florida office.

    How long could it possibly take to totally destroy his reputation?

    He’s had four years at the president. He’s such a sniveling twerp of a concern troll partisan.

    • rob black

      Yeah really. Elliot Spitzer , run out of gov. office, exiled to limbo for several years..for seeing a hooker.
      Smokin Joe, dead girl in office, gets morning talk show where he gets to beat up on a women all morning.
      He must have some pictures of somebody pretty important stashed away somewhere….

  • Lazarus Durden

    I love how none of the other “serious” journalists on the panel came to Mika’s defense. Man Joe is an asshole.

    • D_C_Wilson

      On the panel in you have former republican strategist Stanley Schmidt, commentator Richard Wolffe, and David Gregory.

      There’s not a serious journalist in that room

    With any luck they’ll crawl into a bottle for the rest of the week, or the rest of the year, to drown their sorrows.

    Instead, Darrel [sp?] Issa will be filing Articles of Impeachment: Benghazi Boogaloo tomorrow.

    Assuming voter suppression, intimidation, harassment and vote-flipping machines don’t steal the election for Rmoney.