‘You’re Not Asking Me About Twinkies’

If Cory Booker decides to run against Chris Christie I would absolutely support his candidacy, but there’s no denying it will be a tough battle.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Comedy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • TerranceGilmore

    I say this as sensitively as possible… Isn’t he too obese to be considered a serious presidential candidate?

    Just look at the tool the last four years have taken on BO, who by all accounts is in really good shape.

      It is a physically brutal race, but I think it’s a mistake to assume because a man is large that he isn’t robust enough. There have been quite a few large men who accomplished some amazing things. We have had two Presidents who were “large” and one wheel-chair bound. So would the doss be against him? Yes, but I wouldn’t count him out.

      On the other hand, he is being vilified for his bipartisan behavior during Sandy so his chances at getting GOP nomination are nil at this point.

  • mrbrink

    Every grocery store within a ten mile radius is sold out of Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Cupcakes, Ho-Hos, and Suzy Q’s. The whole damn country’s going apeshit.

    I was at my local grocery store last night looking at a shelf stocked full of Hostess Twinkies. Today, it’s hollowed out. I saw a man with his young son standing in front of the place where the Twinkies once collected dust and he looked slightly devastated. There was nothing left and they were just standing there looking at the empty shelf. When I jokingly suggested he try Little Debbie Golden Cakes! the small crowd that had gathered veered off with murmurs about “it’s not the same as a Twinkie.” I walked away and I think I overheard the father explaining how he grew up on Twinkies to his son. The face of lingering devastation.

    On E-Bay, boxes of Twinkies are going from anywhere between $20 and $200,000! Not sure if any have had any takers, but damn!

    The Twinkie Apocalypse is upon us.

    Zombieland, WALLE, an end of the world episode of Family Guy, and then there’s Big Twinkie from Ghostbusters.

    It has been foretold.

    • Brutlyhonest

      What annoyed me most about the coverage of the great Twinkies disaster™ was all the talk about Unions not willing to accept wage and benefit cuts. Would have been nice to know about executive pay before the bankruptcy and golden parachutes after.

      • mrbrink

        It’s been a history of mismanagement, bloated corporate boards, and attacks on labor for Hostess.

        Think Progress:

        “…as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy earlier this year, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256.”

        You have to be either the most incompetent son of a bitch on the planet, or the greediest, to oversee the demise of the Twinkie. If your workers are out in the cold picketing your decision-making, it would help your cause if you had a history of good decisions to defend you. Point, workers.

    • rob black

      Well, from what I remember, there were only two things that were supposedly impervious to the coming apocalypse: Twinkies and cockroaches…I guess because cockroaches don’t eat Twinkies…?
      ….”and lo there was a great wailing and gnashing of dentures throughout the lands, and the people did cry out: God, why have you denied us our cakes of high fructose corn syrup and sodium acid pyrophosphate?”
      ….and insulin shots did decline, and motorized Wal-mart carts were idled, and spandex sales did suffer….yeah and verily.

      • mrbrink

        “I guess because cockroaches don’t eat Twinkies…?”

        According to the W.A.L.L.E. Prophecies, cockroaches love Twinkies.

        …and they all visited their independent local bakeries and found products made with actual butter and eggs and they all lived chubbily ever after.

    • LK3

      The really sad part is people go ape shit about the loss of truly crappy food…and not the fact that thousands of people lost their jobs due to a few unethical and greedy bastards.

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/RJAH6AJNHFHDO5LBH3YPMZPYYQ Beth

    I hate to say it but Sandy is going to turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to Christie. I spoke to a friend of mine who works at a car dealership in NJ and she said they’re going to have their best quarter ever, replacing cars that were ruined in the floods. With all the construction repairs and purchasing of replacement household goods, don’t be surprised if the NJ economy booms over the next year. And just guess who’s going to take all the credit and get re-elected on it?