Another Nothingburger

A Senate Homeland Security report has concluded that the CIA, FBI, and the Department of Defense share the blame for confusing reports on what caused the attack on the American embassy in Libya.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Senate report says the CIA, the FBI and the intelligence community all made major changes in talking points that led to the Obama administration’s confusing public explanation of the attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi, Libya. […]

U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Sept. 11 attack. U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice used the talking points to say in television interviews that the attacks may have been preceded by a demonstration against an anti-Muslim film.

We already know it wasn’t a White House conspiracy and that it wasn’t Ambassador Susan Rice’s fault, but now we have it on record.

While the report apparently exonerates the White House from Republicans accusations that they intentionally mislead the public, Senators Droopy Dog Joe Lieberman and Susan Collins found other ways to attack the administration.

Lieberman and Collins accused the White House in the report of being “inconsistent” over whether or not the assault on the embassy was a “terror attack” even though, as Mitt Romney learned during the presidential debates, the White House was entirely consistent.

“Please proceed.”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Congress and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/borderline4life Lti

    and pass the hot sauce

  • Victor_the_Crab

    But, but, but, but, but, but, but…

    BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI…

  • D_C_Wilson

    Maybe I’m a little slow here, but I still don’t get what the big scandal was supposed to have been. If it had been focused on the security decisions around the consulate prior to the attack, I could have understood what they were trying to uncover. But that was almost an afterthought. Instead, they focused all their energy on Susan Rice’s supposedly “inconsistent” statements. And? I mean, in every chaotic event like this, the initial reports are always inconsistent and sketchy. And in this case, it wasn’t like the idea that the attacks were at least partially influenced by the video (which turned out to be true) wasn’t inconsistent with it being a terrorist attack.

    What was the scandal?

    • Nefercat

      “What was the scandal?”

      When you boil off all the whargarrbling, the scandal is exposed as being OMGZ THERE’S ***STILL*** A ***BLACK*** MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!

  • hanadora444

    Good Lord, Joe Lieberman, isn’t enough enough? Yes I know that those wretched voters in Connecticut didn’t vote for you in that primary years ago and you have tried your best to get your revenge on all Democrats since then but when will this ever end?