Birtherism Still Won’t Die

President Obama didn’t win Arizona and none of the state’s electors will be forced to cast their votes for him, but they would still like you to know that they believe he’s a secret-Kenyan usurper.

Members of the Electoral College formally cast their ballots for the 2012 presidential election in traditional ceremonies across the country today. In Arizona, three electoral voters — including state GOP Chairman Tom Morrissey — took the opportunity to question President Obama’s birth certificate as they cast their ballot for Mitt Romney, the AP reports.

“I’m not satisfied with what I’ve seen,” Morrissey said, according to a local radio station. “I think for somebody in the president’s position to not have produced a document that looks more legitimate, I have a problem with that.”

More

“My issue isn’t whether he was born here,” he told KFYI radio in Phoenix Monday. “I have questions [about Obama’s longform birth cerfiticate]. … You know, I have a law enforcement background. I come at this with a little different perspective. It just doesn’t ring right with me.”

Morrissey said he had “a sacred trust as an elector” to raise questions about Obama’s legitimacy on the day electors officially voted. “I don’t want to be soapy about it, but I do have that and I think I have the right to raise that question,” he said.

Let’s not beat around the bush.

It “doesn’t ring right” and it doesn’t look “legitimate” to Tom Morrissey because the president is black and his name is Barack Hussein Obama.

If Mitt Romney won, the idea that his birth certificate might be illegitimate wouldn’t even occur to Tom Morrissey and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Poor Republicans. They can’t see the forest for the black man in the White House.

  • villemar

    Birthers: Too stupid to live, too hateful to die.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Oh. but they’re free to die any time they like.

      • villemar

        They’re already dead in a way. They’re like flesh-and-blood Poltergeists.

  • muselet

    Tom Morrissey says his issue isn’t whether the president was born in the US, but he thinks the president’s birth certificate is a forgery.

    I think I speak for us all when I say “Huh?”

    “My issue isn’t whether he was born here,” he told KFYI radio in Phoenix Monday. “I have questions [about Obama’s longform birth certificate].

    So you’re issue is what then?

    • Victor_the_Crab

      That the president’s skin color is too dark for his liking.

      • D_C_Wilson

        It was a rhetorical question.

    • nathkatun7

      Well, he just didn’t want to embarrass himself by honestly revealing that his real issue is: President Barack H. Obama is BLACK! I wish our country would allow racists to honestly express their views publicly. That way they wouldn’t have to play all these silly, idiotic and convoluted games.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Nothing is actually stopping them except of course, the fact that they know they’ll be shunned by decent people everywhere.