Colbert for Senate

According to a new poll from Public Policy Polling, Stephen Colbert is the most popular choice to replace Senator Jim DeMint.

Colbert is the choice of 20 percent of registered South Carolina voters polled, Rep. Tim Scott (R-SC) sees 15 percent of the total, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) gets 14 percent amd former South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford is fourth with 11 percent. The rest of the field is in single digits. Twenty-two percent of Republicans want Scott, and 21 percent of the GOP wants Gowdy. But the rest of the electorate is pro-Colbert.

I’m forced to wonder what portion of the South Carolina electorate is both in favor of Colbert and has no idea that he is mocking them at all times.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Poll and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Stephen Colbert would be a superior improvement representing South Carolina as a U.S. senator over anything Nikki Haley puts in Jim DeMint’s place.

    • D_C_Wilson

      A dead raccoon’s ass would be better than anyone on Nikki Haley’s list.

  • bphoon

    Hell, I’d wholeheartedly support him if I was from South Carolina. I worked on Al Franken’s campaign in Minnesota, so why not Colbert? He knows a helluva lot more about public policy than most of the Republicans mentioned put together.