Fairy Tales

Artist – Rob Tornoe

In other news, West Point’s Cadet Chapel hosted its first same-sex couple today since the end of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.

WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) — Cadet Chapel, the landmark gothic church that is a center for spiritual life at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, was hosting its first same-sex wedding Saturday.

Penelope Gnesin and Brenda Sue Fulton, a West Point graduate, were exchanging vows in the regal church in an afternoon ceremony attended by around 250 guests and conducted by a senior Army chaplain.

The two have been together for 17 years. They had a civil commitment ceremony that didn’t carry any legal force in 1999 but had longed hoped to formally tie the knot. The way was cleared last year, when New York legalized same-sex marriage and President Barack Obama lifted the “Don’t ask, don’t tell,” policy prohibiting openly gay people from serving in the military.

Worse than Bush!

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    I don’t give a rat’s fanny about Billo’s contrived war on his particular cult which has a proven history of violence, murder and child molestation.
    I’m planning my celebration of Zappadan and I hope everyone has a wonderful festival this year.
    Much love, tolerance, acceptance and happiness to all.

    • muselet

      Would Frank have been honored or horrified, I wonder?

      –alopecia