Feeling a Little Better About Brian Schatz

The incoming senator from Hawaii:

“For me, personally, I believe global climate change is real and it is the most urgent challenge of our generation,” Lt. Gov. Brian Schatz (D), whom Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie (D) tapped for the seat, said in brief comments Wednesday.

If only he could do something about the electricity rates here. We pay three times the cost per kilowatt hour of mainland electricity rates — and we could be making our own affordable energy in abundance (geothermal, for example). But the electric company, HECO, is the only game in town and they’re in bed with every politician here, thus they get to do whatever the hell they want.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Environment and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    You’ve got a point….we all tend to focus on the national stories of influence peddling but the local crap, that’s what really affects us day to day. Unfortunately it’s easier getting national news now than it is getting news from the state capital–mainly because small, local news sucks big green you know whats.

  • chucklenuts

    Wait a second Bob, you live in Hawaii? Have you heard about this thingy about the presidents birth certificate?

  • bphoon

    But the electric company, HECO, is the only game in town and they’re in bed with every politician here, thus they get to do whatever the hell they want.

    Substitute Westar Energy for HECO and you have Kansas…