Harry Reid: ‘I’ve Watched Closely the New York Jets’

Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid questioned the integrity of the GOP’s leadership today, and he may have made a low blow in the process.

“I’ve watched closely the New York Jets,” Reid said on the floor Thursday. “Coach Ryan, he’s got a problem, he’s got three quarterbacks. … He can’t decide who his quarterback will be.That’s the same problem with Republicans: Who is the quarterback?”

Reid said Republicans can’t decide whether they should follow Speaker John Boehner (Ohio), Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) of former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, whom Reid said is “still in the background.”

I can’t decide if this a bigger insult to the New York Jets or to the Republicans. The Jets do have clear leadership problems and, like the Republicans, seemingly everything they do blows up in their face. But the Jets do have one advantage that puts them on the high ground — there’s far fewer dicks on their team.

Obligatory butt-fumble gif.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Comedy and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • roxsteady

    There was one other thing you may have missed….Jets owner Woody Johnson very vocally and publically endorsed Mittens and hosted or attended several fundraisers. I remember this because, while I don’t like football, I hoped that the Jets would suck because of it. It’s childish but, sometimes, so am I.

    • rob black

      Your hopes came hilariously true..!

  • GrafZeppelin127

    The Jets have the NFL’s worst QB and worst offensive skill players. Fat Bastard gets one more year before being shit-canned. Number Two (Tannenbaum) should be shit-canned now for spending three years systematically downgrading the roster.

    • stacib23

      The Jets have the NFL’s worst QB and worst offensive skill players.

      You haven’t seen the Bears line, huh? I got two words for you, J’Marcus Webb.

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Linemen aren’t skill players. “Skill players” is a term of art; it means backs and receivers.

        Also, Da Bears.

  • bphoon

    Serves Woody Johnson right on both counts.