Infighting

Artist – Daryl Cagle

A reminder as we approach the new year — House Republicans still haven’t renewed the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Their objections, as voiced by Majority Leader Eric Cantor, continue to center around extending rights to Native American tribes who, as we’ve shared before, suffer disproportionately from sexual assault and domestic violence because they lack the authority to prosecute assailants from beyond their borders. The Republicans also object to extending rights to immigrants and members of LGBT community.

On another note — tomorrow is the last day of regular season football. Who are you rooting for? I’ll be rooting for the Green Bay Packers and the Washington Redskins to win.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1014949011 Richard Krueger

    Green Bay Packers? Eat shit, Cesca.

    • JMAshby

      Really? You could bother to read who made the post before telling them to eat shit.

      • mrbrink

        I hate that I have to root for the Packers to win for the Bears to make the playoffs– if they win their game against the Lions. Dear sweet, cruel universe… you are this close to getting your karmic comeuppance!

        Adrian Peterson needs 208 yards to break the single season rushing record, so a little play-action could burn the Packers all day, and Peterson did rush for 210 against the Packers earlier this season. And for the Bears, the Lions fight dirty, so they could end up sending key players on the Bears home early. Plus, Calvin Johnson is expected to break the single season record for receiving yards. Lions could play spoiler.

        But, Go Packers!? and Go Bears!?

        We are living in strange times! Cats and dogs are, in fact, living together.

        Redskins Vs. Cowboys– winner gets in, and Jerry Jones buys a new scoreboard for Jerry Jr. with taxpayer money. That’s gonna be a great game, though. Both teams were penalized this season for “cap violations” and now here they are clutching their coin purses together in week 17.

        Most teams have something to play for, whether it’s head coaches trying to hold on to their jobs, all-time records falling, and teams already headed for the playoffs jockeying for better positions.

        But this is where politics could be more like sports. If you lose an election by millions of votes, you don’t get to hold the Vince Lombardi Trophy hostage until you win.

        • Victor_the_Crab

          Fuck both the Cowboys and the Redskins! Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder are both lowlife bowls of diarrhea. Jones thinks he’s the greatest football mind in the league while Snyder completely lucked out on RG3 as he nickel and dimes his fans to death.

    • BuffaloBuckeye

      Ah, spoken like a true Vikings fan; profane and ignorant.

  • Martin Pierce

    Can’t root for a team with a racial slur as it’s name.

    • JMAshby

      I root for the players, not their team mascot.

      • stacib23

        As a diehard Bears fan, I’m rooting for the Packers, too. :-)

  • D_C_Wilson

    Since the Eagles are out of contention, I’ll be routing for the Steelers.

    Is anyone in our liberal media going to ask Cantor why he thinks violence against Native American women, lesbians, and immigrants is ok?

  • http://www.facebook.com/rycarson Ryan Carson

    Seahawks and Cowboys, b/c I think they’d be an easier matchup for the Seahawks in the first round.

  • ranger11

    Giants! Super Bowl or bust each season, literally.

  • Roberta_in_MN

    Gotta go for the Vikings – my State.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Go Browns!

  • Roberta_in_MN

    Soooo who won today? Vikings pulled it out. :)