Michigan Senate Passes Insane Anti-Choice Law

It sounds like Michigan is trying to join South Carolina and Arizona as totally effing insane. It looks like they’re about to pass one of the most heinous anti-choice laws since transvaginal ultrasounds:

HB 5711 would impose a host of new restrictions on women seeking to terminate a pregnancy — such as requiring doctors to prove that their patients haven’t been “coerced” into having the procedure, limiting abortion access for women in rural areas, and imposing guidelines for disposing of fetal remains in the same way that the state disposes of dead bodies. The legislation also seeks to mandate unnecessarily and complicated regulations that could force the state’s abortion clinics out of business.

And the Republican outreach continues! Doing great, fellas!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Abortion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    The republican’ts wont be satisfied until no one will willingly vote for them ever again.
    They probably think that gerrymandering solves all.

  • i_a_c

    How the hell do you prove you weren’t coerced?

    Never mind, I was trying to make sense out of crazy.

      Ha, that is always our first mistake, isn’t it?

    • muselet

      That was my first thought, too.

      –alopecia

  • Nanotyrannus

    Doesn’t this sound a lot like the South after the Civil War?
    “We lost. Big. Now let’s go punish the people we’re going to blame for it.”

  • bphoon

    Michigan legislature insane? Yeah, pretty much.

    Governor, too.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Doing the work of favourite whackjob son, Ted Nugent.