NRA Killing Our Kids

I nominate the man who walked right in front of Crazy Person Wayne LaPierra during today’s NRA press conference carrying this sign as today’s best person.

There’s little more to say that hasn’t already been said about the NRA and the unrivaled batshittery of Wayne LaPierre. A man who believes the UN is plotting to takeover the world and usurp your freedoms. A man who, on the one week anniversary of the Sandy Hook school shooting, called for more guns in schools.

Today’s press conference was an ugly farce devoid of reason and starved of self-awareness, or as Charles Pierce put it

It’s a dangerous world out there full of crazy people, Wayne told us. It’s a dangerous world full of bloody video games, bad Oliver Stone movies, and a media that only cares about misinforming people about the guns that Wayne and the people who have paid his salary over the past 20 years want to sell to us to employ to protect our most precious children, to whom we don’t give the same level of protection that we give to Yankee Stadium or to the president of the United States. You see, Wayne is up there, not taking questions, because, really, the only people who truly care about the safety of all of our most precious children are the people like him, making sure that we have enough good guys with guns to protect us from the bad guys with guns. And here’s Asa Hutchinson to explain how our latest dodge is going to work.

If LaPierre is still invited to appear on Meet the Press this weekend, NBC should be embarrassed.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Wayne LaPierre is the most astonishing, low-life piece of shit in existence. If you are not convinced finally of the complete lack of rational or reasonable thought in conservatism then you are either one of them or in a coma.

    If LaPierre does make an appearance on Meet the Press this week I’ll never know. I gave up on that douche nozzle David Gregory months ago. As long as his lips are as firmly planted to John McCain’s ass as they are now, we will never get anything but insipid douche baggery out of him anyway.

    And as a final thought a hardy FUCK YOU to the NRA and every single member in that lame dick organization.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Perfect! Let’s turn a ‘gun-free zone’ into a ‘free-fire zone’. When all you have is a hammer…

    assholes.

  • bphoon

    Wayne LaPierre and the NRA have been detached from reality for a good number of years now. He has a vested interest, of course, in keeping enough people in enough fear to keep paying his salary. He therefore will say anything he thinks he needs to say to keep $$ coming in. As long as it keeps working it doesn’t matter if his claims are based in reality or not, he ain’t gonna change his m/o.

    In the wake of Aurora, Milwaukee, Sandy Hook and the rest of the too-numerous-to-list-here mass shootings that have taken place, I only hope enough politicians in Congress see clearly enough now to realize the NRA represents a smaller and smaller slice of the wingnut faction and are therefore less and less relevant as time goes on.

    Too bad, too, because the NRA could be in a position to make a meaningful contribution to the national discussion on guns and our gun culture. They simply choose not to.

    • Brutlyhonest

      The NRA long-ago stopped being about hunters’/sportsmen’s rights. It is purely about money now. Their perception management campaign is the templet used by the rest of the right-wing influence peddlers.

  • Michael Schwartz

    First, he should go on on MTP. He should be made to answer questions. Not that I have much faith in DG.

    Second, That is the best they could come up with after a week? Weak.

  • roxsteady

    This crazy bastard should not be given a national platform to spew his bullshit! It’s an insult to the families of those adults and children. I hate all of the Sunday shows and have to close the door to my bedroom on Sunday morning’s because my sister watches that garbage. I despise David Gregory and all of the other frauds on those shows.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I disagree. Like the Westboro dipshits, I say put them front and center and let the entire world see what vile reptiles these people are.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Just a couple more thoughts.. I’ll jump to my conclusion, then fill in the blanks where wayne ‘pepe’ lapew had shortcomings.

    First, wayne is a stupid, lazy dumbf@ck. OK, that’s out of the way.. Now, he left of lot on the table at his press conference. Specifically, he should have advocated arming of crossing guards, since they have potential to spot and head off, in not engage in unplay, potential mass-murderers. As for paying for his armed force, he should have recommended reallocating members of active armed forces. It would maintain the precious GOP defense budget, and have the benefit of having ‘good guys’ armed with military grade weapons.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Also, for all the 2nd Amendmentists..

    “A well regulated Militia, …”

    I’m OK with ‘well regulated’. Are they? Or are they not constitutionalists?

  • muselet

    Commenter “Barry Friedman” at Esquire:

    And as Beelzebub took his morning walk, one of the lesser dark minions, a temp actually, noticed the master was preoccupied.

    “What is it, O Dark One? You look umetik.”

    “Oh,” said Beelzebub,”much as I appreciate you trying to cheer me up with the Yiddish, bad news from America.”

    “LaPierre?”

    “Yes.”

    “What is it?”

    “I know now I can be replaced.”

    I have nothing to add to that.

    “If LaPierre is still invited to appear on Meet the Press this weekend, NBC should be embarrassed.”

    With the likes of David Gregory and Chuck Todd working there, NBC has learned to go beyond embarassed.

    And speaking of embarassed, Aren’t we not really surprised by the shit coming out of Wayne LaPierre’s mouth? I would have been shocked if he’d have issued a mea culpa in regards to last Friday in Newtown, Conneticut.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Gregory will probably ask LaPierre if he wants a massage with a happy ending.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        That wouldn’t shock me as well.

  • D_C_Wilson

    LaPierre is a paid shill for the gun manufacturers. Of course his solution to every problem is more guns.

  • D_C_Wilson

    One thing I will agree with LaPierre, though, is that there are a lot of monsters in this country.

    And he should know, he’s one of them.

  • excitablerooster

    We need to ban guns in video games. How many imaginary people have to get killed onscreen before we take action?

  • swift_4

    A few years back, I thought I saw a picture of a cop pointing a gun at a kid during a lockdown drill. Apparently the kid mouthed off and the cop thought pointing a gun at him was smart. Could have sworn I saw it here. But I can’t find it any more. That would be a pretty effective image to hold up for the cops in schools crowd.

    Or you could just run the video of the cop shooting himself while talking to the kids about gun safety.