Photo of the Day

From the News Corp. owned New York Post.

If even the New York Post says you’re a “gun nut” and a “loon,” you may want to rethink things.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    On December 14, Rupert Murdoch tweeted:

    Terrible news today. When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons? As in Oz after similar tragedy.

    Today, the New York Post called Wayne LaPierre a gun nut and a loon.

    Could it possibly be that Murdoch was … serious?

      We’ll know he was serious when his US broadcast propaganda machine starts calling for serious restrictions on weapons that have no practical use other than killing people. I’m not holding my breath.

      That said, I do hope this idiocy from the nra will be the beginning of the end of their influence peddling. I don’t hold much hope for that as their power is not derived from their membership dues, but from donations to their lobbying arm. They learned how to buy congress early.

    • JMAshby

      I’ll take him seriously if Fox News relents or admits fault on anything ever.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Murdoch is more of a pragmatic (if completely amoral) businessman. He knows when to cut his losses on an issue.

        The problem is Fox (I never use the word “News” associated with that channel except ironically) is run by Roger Ailes, who is a true believer and is every bit as much of a loon as LaPierre. It’s doubtful he’ll pop his head out of his gay-proof bunker long enough to see which way the winds are blowing on this issue.

  • bphoon

    f even the New York Post says you’re a “gun nut” and a “loon,” you may want to rethink things.

    I don’t think LaPierre has that capacity.

  • mrbrink

    “NRA Loon in Bizarre Rant…”

    Wow!

    From the New York Post?

    Someone call history, I think we have a first something.

  • priscianusjr

    Rupert Murdoch is one of my least favorite people in the whole world. But from what I understand he really is not pro-gun. Remember, he’s not American, he’s Australian. Here’s an interesting story:
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/murdoch-wants-new-gun-laws-fox-news-not-so-much.html