President Cautions Against ‘Both Sides’ Meme

The president on Meet the Press:

“The only thing I would caution against, David, is I think this notion of, “Well, both sides are just kind of unwilling to cooperate.” And that’s just not true. I mean if you look at the facts, what you have is a situation here where the Democratic Party, warts and all, and certainly me, warts and all, have consistently done our best to try to put country first.”

Like always, the Democrats and the White House are behaving like adults — making unpopular concessions and negotiating in good faith — while the Republicans are acting like petulant children who are merely blocking the president as a means of pandering to the tea party base. They’ve learned nothing.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    I didn’t watch MTP on Sunday, so let me see if I can figure out what Lurch Gregory’s response to the president’s comments were:

    “WHAT? NUH-UHH! DEMOCRATS ARE JUST AS UNCOOPERATIVE AS REPUBLICANS, IF NOT MORE, YOU BIG STOOPEEDHEAD! LA-LA-LA-LA! I-CAN’T-HEAR-YOU! I-CAN’T-HEAR-YOU!”

    Amirite? Amirite?

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Republicans will continue to act like petulant children, to include whining about being called out for acting like petulant children and being blamed for the results thereof, as long as their “tea party base” (and well-funded propaganda apparatus) continues to enable them.

  • Draxiar

    To get them to change one can’t just tap them on the shoulder and softly make a suggestion, they have to be hit in the head with a sledgehammer and yelled at.

    They won’t change until they’re voted out and gagged.

  • trgahan

    Just seems like the Republicans are waiting for something that will suddenly swing public opinion against raising taxes on millionaries while brutalizing Social Security and Medicare.

    President Obama has offered them plenty to take to the base and spin as “We may have given on that, but we won this!” But they stand as if they truely can win being so stubbon.

  • mrbrink

    Charles Krauthammer was on Hannity last Thursday and had this to say about President Obama’s position on taxes and how he’s handled Republicans:

    “He’s been using this — and I must say with great skill, and ruthless skill, and success — to fracture and basically shatter the Republican opposition,” he said. “The only redoubt of the opposition is the House. And his objective from the very beginning was to break the will of the Republicans in the House, and to create an internal civil war, and he’s done that. How did he do it? By always insisting from day one after the election that Republicans had to raise rates … he did that because he knew it would create a crisis among Republicans, and it did.”

    Ruthless skill..?

    Reasonable and forthright: The new “ruthless.”

    Conspiring to successfully squash labor unions and protections for workers; Hunting and bagging women’s reproductive rights; suppressing science to destroy the environment; stealing an obscenely disproportionate share of national wealth over the last 30 years leading to record income inequality and a greatly weakened defense mechanism for the permanent attempted theft of the American government by these revolving door/beltway leaches and corporate raiders.

    If the president looks ruthless, it’s only because the Republican party is vicious, remorseless, and inhuman. Unconscionable.

    You can’t negotiate with these sadistic mental degenerates without people getting hurt. They won’t let you.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Not bending over and taking it from the Weeper of the House is the new “ruthless”.

  • D_C_Wilson

    “It’s Even Worse Than it Looks” should be required reading for all of the villagers.

    And by “required reading”, I mean they should be smacked upside the head with the hardcover.