Quote of the Morning

“Republicans made every effort to reach the ‘balanced’ deficit agreement that the president promised the American people, while the president has continued to insist on a package skewed dramatically in favor of higher taxes that would destroy jobs.” John Boehner

Hysterical! The “balanced” Republican demands were severely lopsided in their own favor with only a minor concession on unemployment benefits.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • atlavely

    Well, of course. Wait… You didn’t think that ‘balanced’ meant, like *Balanced*? Silly you.

  • Draxiar

    The current Republican Party sucks. It’s only balanced if it’s everything they want and nothing Democrats want. Fuck it…let’s get the parachutes.

  • alboy2

    In other (GOP) news, Moon found to be composed of green cheese. Let’s just ignore these idjyits, let the Bush tax cuts expire, and come back after the New Year. I am sick to death of Republican obstructionism, and am not taken in by the ongoing lie that “Both sides do it.” Enough. Enough. Enough.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Amazing that, after having shown every one of their policies to be utter failures, politicians and candidates being just a shade away from becoming members of the tinfoil brigade, and having been told by the electorate that they suck and that they need to grow up and get serious, Republicans like Boehner still go around and act like they’re the adults and the Democrats are the children, and that they’re the ones who have the mandate to do whatever the fuck they want.

    Have we gotten to the point now where the only thing needed to get through to these GOP troglodytes is a solid two by four across their heads?

  • GrafZeppelin127

    It’s amazing how Republicans have managed to create a high form of performance art (not to mention an entire governing philosophy) out of being completely, shamelessly, brazenly, utterly full of shit.

  • LK3

    I think D%$k Quote of the day needs to be reinstated.

  • muselet

    John Boehner describing the Rs’ offer as “balanced” is funny enough, but what made me laugh out loud was the “Republicans made every effort” part. Apparently Boehner thinks sitting back and telling the president, “You tell us what cuts you’re willing to make and we’ll let you know if they’re adequate,” constitutes making an effort.

    What a boob.

    I think he meant “balanced” in the Fox News sense of the word.