Republican Strategy for 2016? Cheat the System.

Republicans are trying a new scam to rig the 2016 presidential election
We know about voter ID and restricting voting hours and booths in Democratic precincts — moves by Republicans to keep Democrats from voting. Now they’re trying to rig the next election via the electoral college:

Mother Jones says Republicans are proposing changes to several state’s election rules — allocating electoral votes by congressional district instead of statewide — that could tilt the next presidential election their way.

The states? Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio.

Yes, this is the only way they can win. By cheating.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2016 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    I suppose this is the next logical step for them, because they can’t win any other way.

    Afterall, the GOP lost the Presidental election after gerrymandering districts, blatant voter suppression, dirty tricks like repeatedly publishing wrong voting information, multi-million dollar donations, and their own 24/7 propaganda network(s).

    Republicans love power but they hate democracy.

  • Dan_in_DE

    Do you think they can pull this off in any of these states? Maybe in Scott Walkerstan.. I could see that.

    In any case, this is all the more reason to push for federalized, unified rules for national elections.

  • muselet

    Further proof, if such were needed, that Rs care only about elections. If they were interested in governing, they’d reevaluate their policy analyses and proposals—indeed, if they were interested in winning elections, they’d do that. But no.

    Win an election by attracting more votes? Unthinkable. Consider popular opinion when formulating policy? How quaint. Better by far to change the rules so R votes count for more.

    Why this isn’t a major national news story is a mystery (even considering the abysmal quality of our glorious news media).

      RE: Governing, we should never forget that the last time they held the Presidency they often talked about ruling. Not governing. Not leading. Ruling.

      • muselet

        Point taken.

    Proof positive that Republicans are just a few shades above evil.