Rove and Dick Morris Off Fox News. For Now.

Even though it’s only temporary, America will be that much better off.

According to multiple Fox sources, Ailes has issued a new directive to his staff: He wants the faces associated with the election off the air — for now. For Karl Rove and Dick Morris — a pair of pundits perhaps most closely aligned with Fox’s anti-Obama campaign — Ailes’s orders mean new rules. Ailes’s deputy, Fox News programming chief Bill Shine, has sent out orders mandating that producers must get permission before booking Rove or Morris…

Inside Fox News, Morris’s Romney boosterism and reality-denying predictions became a punch line. At a rehearsal on the Saturday before the election, according to a source, anchor Megyn Kelly chuckled when she relayed to colleagues what someone had told her: “I really like Dick Morris. He’s always wrong but he makes me feel good.”

That about sums it up. Wrongness on Fox News is irrelevant. Is there anyone on Fox News who’s been right about anything?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Fox News Channel and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    “Is there anyone on Fox News who’s been right about anything?”

    Shep Smith

    • http://twitter.com/Anomaly100 Anomaly One Hundred

      He’s the only one on Fox that doesn’t appear to be a meth head.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      And afterwards, everything drops off rather sharply.

  • http://twitter.com/Anomaly100 Anomaly One Hundred

    They need to crash and burn, then start from the ground up.

    • bphoon

      I’m good at stopping at the crash & burn part.

      • http://twitter.com/Anomaly100 Anomaly One Hundred

        I’m down with that.

  • trgahan

    I’d love to believe this is the end of Rove, but my guess is he’ll be back spinning reality (and spending other people’s money) in 2014 like 2012 never happened.

    This is probably just a “sit down until everyone forgets” move.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Rove has been exposed. He’s not the genius his reputation had built him up to be. It’s going to take a lot of groveling in front of his donors to get them to open their check books again.

      But he will be back.

      Just like a scorching case of herpes.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Hey, if they’re turning on rove they’ll finally let him hang for his role in outing a covert agent.

    • bphoon

      Don’t hold your breath. Old news…

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Your lips to God’s ears, if only.

    You know what irritates me the most? The fact that Megyn Kelly will chuckle about how wrong Morris is off air but then sit there and pretend he is a serious participant worthy of our attention. I absolutely despise her.