‘The Five’ Continues to Be the Worst Thing on Television

For example:

On Fox News’ “The Five,” the hosts argued the opposite, suggesting that if women in domestic violence situations were armed, they’d be able to protect themselves better.

Perino, the former White House press secretary, offered a slightly different approach.

“I think it skirts the issue,” she said. “Women are victims of violence all the time.”

Co-host Greg Gutfeld repeated that they should have guns.

“Well, maybe, or make better decisions,” Perino said.

So The Five’s solution to domestic violence is to either introduce more guns into these explosively dangerous conflicts, and/or to blame the victims for not making “better decisions.”

Smart.

How about this, you assholes: tell the microphallus-suffering, incurably impotent Cromagnon Men who watch your show to stop beating up women. How about that?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Fox News Channel and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • ranger11

    Dana “Cuban Missile Crisis” Perino. What a maroon! Yeah, whenever I have a fight with anybody the one thing that I know that would help the situation is a gun. Miller Time Babyyyy!

  • http://twitter.com/QuadCityPat Patrick

    Not only is the premise completely stupid, and not a little revolting, its completely invalidated by the facts of the Belcher case. It’s being reported that Kassandra Perkins was an avid range shooter. It’s also being reported that there were 9 guns in the house. 5 or 6 in easy reach.

    But hey facts? Facts are for schmucks.

  • Nefercat

    This is the same moron who said “we did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush’s term.” The next day, she amended her statement on Twitter, writing: “I obviously meant no terror attack on U.S. post 9/11 during Bush 2nd term.”

    1) So I am not impressed with anything that wanders out of her vacuous skull.

    2) Her stupid follow-up tweet was not only staggeringly stupid on its face (apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?), but still wrong. What about all those embassy attacks post 9/11? They happened. Yes! Before Benghazi! An attack on a US embassy in Paris, say, is an attack on the US, not France.

  • zirgar

    How horrible are these people? Well, if I were to say that Greg Gutfeld is about as funny as date rape, they would think I was complimenting him.

  • ArrogantDemon

    So will they now support that poor woman in Florida who is getting 20 yrs for firing a gun in the air to scare off her abusive ex-husband?

    Are these the same fucks that discussed Jovan coulda killed Kasi in another way, stop blaming the gun, no, we’re blaming Jovan Belcher, but can we not question his easy access to a damn gun? Fucking trolls

    “How about this, you assholes: tell the microphallus-suffering, incurably impotent Cromagnon Men who watch your show to stop beating up women. ”

    Exactly.

  • agrazingmoose

    Someone on HP stated that it was just the same as telling people to look both ways before you cross the street.

    Because with men, you know, you can never quite trust ‘em to stay on the road and stop at a light (I guess).

    Not only do these people blame the woman, they blatantly declare that men cannot be trusted.

    Doy!

      Not only do these people blame the woman, they blatantly declare that men cannot be trusted.

      Oh, it’s so classic…so typical. Men can’t help themselves, it’s the testosterone, its just the way men are, the woman tempted him and once he was aroused he couldn’t control himself, he became enraged, etc…..convenient this situational lack of agency, isn’t it? The law very much expects a person to control their rage….that’s the whole friggin point. The law does not typically acknowledge lack of agency EXCEPT in very specific cases like mental illness.

      And facts be damned, right? The reasons for women being abused, rape, etc have nothing whatsoever to do with outside forces. Its the internal forces, his personality and mindset, often formed long before he ever met the woman. This “Gang of Five” are so stupid that they may not even realize that they’ve ventured into to the realm of being “offensive”. But I don’t think they are that dumb. No, they are either so inured to the feelings of their audience OR they are crass and profit driven so as not to care. I’m betting on the latter.

  • trgahan

    More police officiers are killed responding to domestic disturbance calls than any other call combined. Yeah, adding more guns to the situation should work out great!

      Yes, add to the fact that most people, in close encounters as would occur in a DV situation, will have the gun taken from them and used against them. Plain and simple, more guns would mean more dead women, not less. We KNOW this…the facts tell us. But facts schmacts for those guys!

    • muselet

      In Rightyland (Worst. Amusement park. Ever.), the answer to every problem is more guns. Domestic violence? More guns. Street crime? More guns. Overdue library books? More guns.

    “How about this, you assholes: tell the microphallus-suffering, incurably impotent Cromagnon Men who watch your show to stop beating up women. How about that?”

    The problem is, they’re too fucking ignorant and stupid to comprehend that. What those knuckle dragging assholes need and deserve is a trash can beatdown worthy of Sonny Corleone (and another one given to Gutless Greg Gutfeld, for good measure).

  • nathkatun7

    I truly admire people, who are otherwise sane and reasonable people, but who still think that they can rationally discuss the issue of guns in our culture with right wing gun nuts. With all the tragedies, and the horrific deaths, that have repeatedly occurred, for decades, mainly because of the easy access to guns, you would think that supporters of unlimited right to own guns, no matter how lethal, would re-asses their position. Sadly, all they do is double down in support of more and more unregulated, and more and more unrestricted, ownership of guns. These gun nuts are determined to get rid of any and all regulations/laws that tries to minimize the easy access to guns. Trying to reason with them, in my humble judgement, is a total waste of time and energy.

  • Guest

    Perfectly stated Bob.