Absolutely Horrible

There are no words for this.

Less than two weeks ago, Hadiya Pendleton was leading her classmates in the King College Prep School Marching Band down Pennsylvania Avenue on the afternoon of President Obama’s second inauguration. It would be an opportunity of a lifetime for any 15 year old, but for Pendleton, it was her last. On Tuesday, she was gunned down in a park a few blocks from school on the South Side of Chicago, less than a mile from the first family’s home.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Pendleton and another classmate, a 16 year old boy, were both caught in the middle of a gang war. The boy was still in serious condition on Tuesday evening, but Pendleton did not survive.

One week you’re marching in President Obama’s inaugural parade, and next week you’re dead. The latest victim of the more than 300 million guns in circulation in this country.

An overwhelming number of guns used in violent crimes in the state of Illinois are imported from Indiana.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Death by gunfire – an offset the GOP can live with.

      It’s all overhead to them

  • stacib23

    I remember losing my brain on here last year because of all of the gun violence happening in Chicago and Obama not saying a flippin’ word about guns at all during his first term. He addressed each of his constituencies with some effort to assuage their concerns and said absolutely nothing about what was happening on the south and west sides of the town he calls home, as well as many urban areas throughout this country. I was called a concern troll by several people on here. Now, the national conversation is about Chicago and all of the people being shot and killed (and the media isn’t even reporting half of what’s really happening) and now it’s okay to be concerned? Aargh, my frustration runs over.

  • mrbrink

    It’s not easy watching Chicago local news. We mourn regularly.

    The shooting death of Hadiya is a knock out punch to the gut.

    Kids shooting kids in Chicago is exhibit A in the case against the gun lobby’s criminal notion of acceptable limits on the flow of guns.