Aurora Can’t Catch a Break

via Reuters

(Reuters) – Four people were dead including the gunman following a hostage-taking incident on Saturday in Aurora, Colorado, the same town where a man shot dead 12 people and wounded 58 more at a movie theater last July, KUSA television reported.

Police entered the home after several hours of failed negotiations with the gunman, who had barricaded himself inside, and shot him dead, the television news reported. Inside they found three other people shot dead, KUSA reported. […]

Police notified neighbors of an emergency around 3 a.m. (1000 GMT) and evacuated several blocks, Aurora police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson told KUSA.

The obvious solution is more guns.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Another neighbor, Michael Ignace, 46, said he had previously spoken with the man suspected of the shooting, and “he seemed like a reasonable guy, and we talked about motorcycles.”

    I’m not picking on Mr. Ignace, but of course the suspect seemed like a reasonable guy. I’ll go out on a limb and say he actually was a reasonable guy—until, that is, whatever happened to cause him to start shooting people. People who kill aren’t drooling, snarling maniacs (the occasional Charles Manson aside).

    My sympathies to the people of Aurora.

    –alopecia