Boehner and Cantor Go Clubbing

Artist – John Cole

In other news, John Boehner was re-elected as Speaker of the House for the 113th session of congress.

Also — racism is very expensive.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    I got nothing witty about politricks, but the cartoon reminds me of an old joke…

    A baby seal walks into a bar.
    The bartender looks up and asks; what’ll you have kid?
    The baby seal replies; anything BUT a Canadian Club…. ;)

    It is well known in D.C. that Boehner goes to his favorite bar (can’t recall the name) every night at approx. 5pm. Yes, even as the Speaker.

    His wife is in Ohio, and Boehner rents a townhouse near the Capitol and his favorite bar.

    And this man is third in line for the presidency.

    Whoops……..I really should learn to read the damn cartoon before commenting.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    And after clubbing a baby seal, push an old lady in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs.

  • mrbrink

    I was watching Nancy Pelosi and John Boehner address the congress for the presentation of Simba Boehner, and the contrasts in vision between the two leaders couldn’t have been more striking. There was Nancy Pelosi speaking of Lincoln and quoting Harriet Tubman, conjuring the spirit of Democracy and cooperation, the history of the People’s House, their collective purpose, an overall welcoming and warming embrace of our differences and united resolve. Smiling confidently, reassuring, and genuinely hopeful for America’s chances.

    And then John Boehner stepped up, choking on tears like it’s always speech time at his very own This Is Your Life, John Boehner! party that the whole history of America pitched in on and blew up balloons for in his perpetual honor, took the gavel from the rightful Speaker, and like a drunken father figure ordering the family dog put down to pay for his alcohol, showed the 113th congress the (revolving) door and democracy with it. He quivered as he pulled the trigger firing off a few warning shots from his hypocrisy gun, and his whole speech was rounded out by appeals to God for what seemed like a desperate plea for Republican Jesus to come back and make all the seething haters in his own party respect him, or smite them, or for them to get a little awestruck at his awesome power and to stop wiping shit all over the walls because people are beginning to talk.

    The crazy caucus of the republican party’s idea of an alternative to John Boehner scares the shit out of me, and in a way, I have to wonder if that wasn’t the goal all along. When John Boehner gets compliments from Democrats, it’s always like their child just took their first steps, or their first potty, and yet, this is now what passes for Republican leadership.

    I was kind of hoping that Nancy Pelosi would have thrown protocol and democracy aside in offering to keep the Speaker’s gavel safe until John Boehner gets out of his state-sanctioned incarceration at the mental institution that is today’s Republican party.

    No chance. Turns out she actually respects the institution and best traditions of the House of Representatives.