Chris Christie Takes NRA Position on Gun Control

I told you he wasn’t your best friend. On the Today Show:

Christie was asked about specific gun control measures, and instead talked about violent video games. “We don’t allow those games into our house…we think it desensitizes children to all the effects of violence,” and added that all of the issues related to gun violence needed to be dealt with.

When pressed on why he couldn’t answer whether he supports a ban on assault weapons, he said that it depends. “These are complicated issues,” he said. “I’m willing to have that conversation.”

For such a tough-taking maverick, it sure sounds like he’s taking the NRA position: blame video games and mental health and leave guns alone.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Chris Christie, Guns and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Christie was asked about specific gun control measures, and instead talked about violent video games. “We don’t allow those games into our house…we think it desensitizes children to all the effects of violence,” and added that all of the issues related to gun violence needed to be dealt with.

    All the issues related to gun violence, that is, except guns.

    Chris Christie is trying to make up for saying nice things about Barack Obama in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, but he’s doing it in the laziest imaginable way. Here’s hoping he becomes a pariah in both parties.

    –alopecia