Comments and Blog Glitches

So you’ve probably noticed that I’ve been wrestling with the blog today. The good news is that I’ve resolved the loading issues and improved the blog’s speed from “D” letter grades at GTMetrix.com to “A/B” grades.

The Disqus comment system vanished for a while due to the settings on the content distribution network (Cloudflare) that I’ve enabled. The comments are back, but the bad news is that they’ll take a few extra seconds to load because I’ve pushed all Javascript scripts to load after the rest of the page appears. You’ll have to wait a few seconds for Disqus, but the site should be noticeably faster in the meantime.

Phew. Frustrating stuff, but a solid outcome.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Blogging and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Glad to see the issues resolved.
    It’s an Awesome Goddamn Blog….wait where did I read that?

  • http://twitter.com/tlavely Tony Lavely

    Did the RSS feed change at the same time?

      Yeah, I think the RSS feed is flummoxed. I’ll check it out on Tuesday.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Have I talked that much? YIPE!

  • ranger11

    The comments seem to look different. Or at least the format.

    Bob, ignore my email then! I hadn’t seen this yet. Sorry.