IACP Endorses President Obama’s Gun Control Proposal

The International Association of Chiefs of Police released a statement today endorsing President Obama’s executive orders and legislative proposals on gun control.

The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) commends President Obama and Vice President Biden for the comprehensive package of proposals they announced to combat gun violence. The IACP believes that the proposals and actions reflect an effective, balanced approach to addressing the plague of gun violence in our communities and nation. As this process moves forward, the IACP will continue to work with the Administration, members of Congress, and public safety leaders across the country to enact these much needed reforms.

For many years, the IACP has been a leading voice in efforts to reduce gun violence. Our membership was, and remains, a leading proponent of universal background checks for gun purchases, the ban on military style assault weapons, high capacity magazines, and ensuring that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) has both a permanent director and sufficient resources to enforce our nation’s gun laws. The adoption of these, and other reasonable measures, will certainly assist in reducing the level of gun violence in our Nation.

And emboldened lunatics could be overheard in the NRA break room discussing UN takeovers while sipping their afternoon coffee.

(h/t Rockville injury lawyer John Yannone)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    Suprise! The very people charged to deal with, on a daily basis, the reality of American’s gun cultural would be ones advocating greater gun control.

    Probably something about actually having to stop the man firing the AR-15 with extended clip.