Idiot Quote of the Day

The Constitution I uphold and defend is the one I carry in my pocket all the time, the U.S. Constitution. I don’t know what Constitution that other members of Congress uphold, but it’s not this one. I think the only Constitution that Barack Obama upholds is the Soviet constitution, not this one. He has no concept of this one, though he claimed to be a constitutional lawyer. -Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA)

The Soviet constitution which has not existed since the Soviet Union dissolved.

Perhaps Paul Broun is unaware that the Soviet Union dissolved. It wouldn’t surprise me. It seems pretty clear now that an alarming number of Republican congressman are no more informed or educated than your average nutball off the street.

I know it’s appealing to some people to elect representatives who are just as dumb as you are — “He’s just like us! I want to have a beer with him!” — but we can do better than this. We really can.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Seriously, I can’t stop laughing at this.

  • Nefercat

    “…the one I carry in my pocket all the time, the U.S. Constitution.”

    Broun, you stupid dolt, you can’t learn what is in the Constitution by rubbing it against your ass all day, no matter how close to your brain that is.

    I don’t want to have a beer with him, but he could drive me to drink if I had to listen to much of his moronic prattling.

  • http://twitter.com/PirateWench Pirate Wench

    Hey Broun – There is no osmosis of paper – just saying.

  • Draxiar

    Broun…while that may be the only constitution you uphold and defend it’s not the only document. Yes Broun, you’ve sold your soul to Grover and refuse to do what’s best for the country in fealty to him. Soooooo…shut the fuck up.

    http://s3.amazonaws.com/atrfiles/files/files/121012-113thCongress.pdf

  • D_C_Wilson

    So, he’s flat out saying that Obama is a pinko commie and an agent of a (no longer in existence) foreign power. These are the people who then turn around and complain that the president won’t work with them.

    Gawd. I just want to staple this quote to the forehead of every villager with thinks the biggest problem in Washington is that President Obama isn’t being nice enough to the republicans in the House.

    How is he supposed to work with people who question his very loyalty to this country on a daily basis?

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Does it hurt to be this stupid?

    Defending the Constitutionj means defending more than the NRA’s interpretation of the second amendment.
    I guess all these people have is to tilt at the imaginary windmills in their own minds that are composed of commies hidding under their beds.