Likely Armstrong Confession To Happen on Oprah

There are thousands of sports writers worldwide cursing Oprah right now for scoring what could be the biggest sports exclusive since I don’t know what.

After years of accusations, former professional cyclist Lance Armstrong will sit down for his first no-holds-barred interview with Oprah Winfrey at his home in Austin, Texas.

During this special 90-minute episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter, which will air January 17 at 9/8c on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Armstrong will address the alleged doping scandal and charges of lying about the use of performance-enhancing drugs throughout his cycling career. The interview will be simultaneously streamed live worldwide on Oprah.com.

Armstrong, a seven-time Tour de France winner, has remained silent since he was stripped of his titles and dropped from millions of dollars in endorsement deals after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency released an extensive report accusing him of doping throughout his career.

If he does, in fact, confess, I’d like to hear about how he justified PEDs given his very serious brush with death.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Cycling and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JimmyAbra

    I am a hard-core anti-Lance person and have always believed we was a doper. But, if I were him, my justification of PEDs given his brush with death would be, “maybe it helped keep me alive?” I have been under the impression one thing that “kept him going” through his fight was continuing to work out hard. If that works/ed, then should we weigh PEDs into the mix for treatment? If there is a silver lining to this…

  • Joey

    Bob, I like your writing and agree with you almost all the time, but your constant support of Armstrong is borderline unforgivable. How do you defend a man that has actively ruined the lives of so many people that were telling the truth? It’s disgusting.