Lindsey Graham Isn’t Done With That Chicken

There are legitimate arguments being made against confirming John Brennan as the director of the CIA, but this isn’t one of them.

A statement from Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

“I have not forgotten about the Benghazi debacle and still have many questions about what transpired before, during and after the attack on our consulate.

“In that regard, I do not believe we should confirm anyone as Director of the CIA until our questions are answered – like who changed Ambassador Susan Rice’s talking points and deleted the references to Al-Qaeda? My support for a delay in confirmation is not directed at Mr. Brennan, but is an unfortunate, yet necessary action to get information from this Administration.

“I have tried – repeatedly – to get information on Benghazi but my requests have been repeatedly ignored.

As a sitting senator Lindsey Graham should be aware that the Senate Homeland Security Committee has already issued it’s official report on Benghazi and that the report concluded that each of the various intelligence agencies had a hand in the confusion that immediately followed the attack on the American embassy. And the Obama Administration has been entirely cooperative.

Case closed, right?

Not for Lindsey Graham who seems to be using last year’s fake controversy to ward off primary challengers.

An unfortunate casualty of Graham’s faux crusade and re-election fears is greater cooperation over immigration reform.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Lindsey Graham is a schmuck.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    I agree that Lindsay is only pandering to the rightwing extremists out of fear for his senate seat, but my question is when will this nonsense end?
    If he keeps moving SC to the right it’s going to become an island in the Atlantic!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Lindsey, the horse is dead already.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Lindsey Graham must come clean and admit that the reason he’s doing this is because he’s a cockblocking dickhole.