Party of NO

Artist – David Fitzsimmons

In other news, President Obama will reportedly nominate White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew for Treasury Secretary.

Additionally — Attorney General Eric Holder and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will remain with the administration for the immediate future.

    Since these posts are basically open threads… is there any chance that the previous incarnation of Disqus could be reinstated here? Waiting a few seconds is no big deal, but damn does this overcluttered and dysfunctional commenting setup suck. No matter how many times I change it to “Oldest” first, it reverts to “Best”.

    Comment threads are conversations, not Headline News.

    Feel free to ignore me. :)

      On the plus side, at least it’s not Facebook’s social plug-in BS.

      • JozefAL

        Especially since now (at least on the few websites I visit that use Facebook) you can’t even read all the comments. Anytime you try to “load more comments” or “read more,” you’re now required to “log in to your Facebook account” (which does me no good since I don’t have an account and I really don’t want one–no matter how much I may want to read the comments, I have no desire to connect with Facebook).

        • Victor_the_Crab

          Facebook is the devil.

    • ranger11

      I have a similar issue with the new setup.

    That is the most dishonest shirt I’ve ever seen i my life.

    Oops, I put a comment on new comments in another post. What I said was: I use Chrome and I still can’t see comments, at all! I’m using IE now and they appear, although I, too, don’t like the layout. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem in Chrome? It’s not that there is a delay, they just don’t show at all AND the number of comments on a post don’t show. It will show the “leave a comment” link but not the number of comments (even when I KNOW there are comments on a post). Weird.

      The newest version of Chrome came out today (24.something.something), so perhaps that has something to do with it. Sorry, I don’t use Chrome, so I can’t help any further than that.

      However, I’ve noticed on Firefox that, on the front page it takes a VERY LONG time for the comment counts to show up. Like glacial time… but they do eventually load.

      I’ve also noticed on the post pages that the delay is before the Pinterest widget appears. Once that shows up, Disqus and G+ and Twitter appear rapidly.