Republican Outreach

The National Review, a cornerstone of GOP “thinking,” explains why going along with immigration reform is, in a word, pointless.

And, if we are to take Hispanics at their word, conservative attitudes toward illegal immigration are a minor reason for their voting preferences. While many are in business for themselves, they express hostile attitudes toward free enterprise in polls. They are disproportionately low-income and disproportionately likely to receive some form of government support. More than half of Hispanic births are out of wedlock. Take away the Spanish surname and Latino voters look a great deal like many other Democratic constituencies. Low-income households headed by single mothers and dependent upon some form of welfare are not looking for an excuse to join forces with Paul Ryan and Pat Toomey. Given the growing size of the Hispanic vote, it would help Republicans significantly to lose it by smaller margins than they have recently. But the idea that an amnesty is going to put Latinos squarely in the GOP tent is a fantasy.

It would help Republicans to lose this demographic by smaller margins, and we will accomplish this by accusing them of being hostile to business, being lazy free-loaders, having the wrong skin color (???), and being born to heathen single mothers on welfare.

Honestly — I laughed so hard at this I broke a sweat. It’s extremely offensive, but the idea that someone thought it would be a good idea to publish this is hilarious to me.

The editorial goes on to downplay the merits Marco Rubio’s immigration reform plan, which is suppose to be the moderate GOP counter-offer that House conservatives may be able to support. But if this is any indication, I wouldn’t count on that.

The National Review agrees that we have a problem, but their contempt for brown people is simply too great to justify doing anything about it. And I suspect that is equally the case for much of the House of Representatives.

It’s Republican Outreach.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Rich-Morgan/100000299284844 Rich Morgan

    So the Obama years have been really hard on Hispanics. Didn’t they vote pretty convincingly for W? I think they were all upstanding citizens, innovators, and small business entrepreneurs when they voted Republican. Shame on you, Obama, for dragging down the entire Hispanic demographic into a subclass of deadbeats and freeloaders.

  • Draxiar

    Wow…I feel dirty just reading that quote.

  • GOVCHRIS1988

    Bob, all you need to say is what our President said months ago, “Please Proceed”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kbv7H_Sp-U

  • mrbrink

    And Marco Rubio, Latino Supreme and the final word on the future of GOP Latino outreach, was on Limbaugh talking about the tough sell of a hard-selling motherfucker like Marco Rubio finding it harder and harder to sell spoonfuls of elephant shit in a box marked, “Broccoli,” saying:

    “Our argument about limited government is always harder to sell than a government program. It always has been. It’s easier to sell cotton candy than it is to sell broccoli to someone, but the broccoli is better for you, and the same thing with a limited government.”

    Oh, please, lead us to a leaner diet of tax cuts for the rich and vaginal probes and reduced benefits, longer hours and years of toil just to come home to a polluted environment and bankrupting hospital bills from drinking too much flaming water.

    I’d like Marco Rubio to take his head and bounce it on a cinder block like an over-inflated basketball until he looks and sounds less like a sorry ass condescending fucker of mothers who knows what’s best for everyone.

      Right.fucking.on