Serious Business

Artist – Dave Granlund

Charles Pierce reminds us why Paul Ryan isn’t a serious person. From 2008:

This summer’s extreme weather and widespread flooding has wrought considerable damage throughout the Midwest and the nation,” said Ryan. “I have been inspired by the support and compassion demonstrated by Wisconsinites who have reached out to help their neighbors in need. To supplement this tremendous community support, I have worked to help secure additional assistance from the federal government. With the deadline for disaster claims approaching, I stand ready to assist those with any lingering questions on how to seek assistance.”

Ryan also voted for the auto-bailout because it directly effected his district, but today he voted against relief funding for victims of Hurricane Sandy.

On another note — the playoffs are here! Who are your picks for the weekend?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • eljefejeff

    I say only 1 home team will win this weekend, I just don’t know which one. Uh, Green Bay…

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I came across this column that explains how Boehner managed to retain his title of House Speaker.

    http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-04/john-boehners-hapless-tea-party-opposition

  • mrbrink

    Playoffs?!

    playoffs…?!

    I’m still recovering from week 17!

    Damn it, man! when the Bears win and the Packers lose it’s supposed to be a good day! A good day!

    The world is all mixed up!

    • JMAshby

      They are who we thought they were!

      • mrbrink

        That’s funnier than a Rex Ryan tattoo. Bam!