Speaking of Gun Violence…

Have you seen the assassination attempt in Bulgaria? A few thoughts on this thing.

The gun was miraculously stuck and didn’t fire, which spared us from seeing a man shot in the head played on endless loop on the news. And it’s no wonder. The gun looked like a gun designed for a hobbit.

Also, officials and security proceeded to pummel the hell out of the gunman — kicking and punching him while he was being held on the floor of the stage. We do that here, too.

And finally, the target, Ahmed Dogan, had the sense to try to smack the gun out of the would-be assassin’s hand, and then shoved the assassin down — and Dogan is a little old man, while the assassin appeared to be a 7-foot-tall henchman from the movie ‘Taken.’ Unbelievable.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JackDaniel07

    that was WILD

  • 1933john

    I wonder if the gunman is a member of the NRA?

    Guys were coming out of nowhere to kick that guy in the head!
    I’m surprised his intended target didnt jump in to get his punches in.

    It’s also interesting, he supposedly had two knives. I guess there wont be a drive-by stabbinghere however.

  • muselet

    TPM had a short post on this on Saturday.

    According to Josh Marshall, AP had identified the weapon as a gas pistol, “a non-lethal weapon used for self-defense, but experts say when fired from close range it can cause life-threatening injuries.” As Marshall said, “So that raises a bit of a question about just what [the gunman's] intent was.”

    –alopecia

  • SlapFat

    Bulgarians are no one to mess with. It’s one of the oldest countries in the world and has managed to stay together after surviving many different empires and tyrants. I imagine the gunman is probably still receiving his beating as I type this. I don’t care how huge that guy is. He shouldn’t have caused trouble in a room full of Bulgarians.

  • http://www.facebook.com/marc.taylor.33449 Marc Taylor

    Rule One: Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
    Rule Two: Don’t mess with a room full of Bulgarians.
    Rule Three: Never try to match wits with a Venetian when death is on the line.