Ted Nugent Compares Gun Owners to Rosa Parks

Nugent isn’t quite as psychotic at that escaped mental patient from Tennessee who threatened to start killing people, but he’s not far off. And now he’s likening himself to one of the great nonviolent protesters in American history:

But there will come a time when the gun owners of America, the law-abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed.

Sorry, no. Gun owners are nothing like nonviolent anti-segregation civil rights activists. In fact, it was the predecessors of paleoreactionary conservatives like Ted Nugent who forced Rosa Parks and African-Americans to be second-class citizens.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    Another example of the self-delusion that gun owners have to engage in to justify a continued open military grade fire arms market. The bodies keep piling up and all Nugent and his ilk do is false equivalency and/or threaten more violence if we do something, anything, about it.

    Nugent and his ilk are just bullies, plain and simple. They want to have the biggest gun in the room because they feel they need it to dominate everyone else and get their way. We need to stop the gun lobby bullying the entire nation. Enough is enough.

  • muselet

    Along the same lines:

    Larry Ward, chairman of the national Gun Appreciation Day gun rights advocates have planned for the weekend of President Obama’s second inauguration, told CNN Friday that there never would have been slaves in America if black people had guns.

    “I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country’s founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history,” Ward said.

    Yes, they really do think that way.

    –alopecia

  • Chachizel

    Boggles my mind that all these NUTS really believe that they are like Naval Seal Team 6 super gun slinging heroes. I have a feeling that if the so-called Wing-Nut revolution ever took place, Nugen, Alex Jones, Wayne La-whatever would all be the first ones to run for cover. INSANE!! I agree with IrishGrrrl, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. GET EM JOE B!!!!