Tennessee Bill Would Force Schools to ‘Out’ Gay Teens

My Thursday column begins like so:

One of the more successful things about Mitt Romney’s doomed 2012 campaign was his ability to portray himself as an aw-shucks clean-cut good guy; a Mormon who never drinks or smokes or uses profanity, and quite literally uses the word “gosh” in every day language. But just beneath the thin Ward Cleaver veneer is a sociopath who’s incapable of experiencing certain moral and emotional connections to fellow humans.

He possesses the cold, animatronic mind of a CEO. Like so many other men in similar posts, he was able to fire thousands of people without flinching while also raiding and busting-out unsuspecting business after unsuspecting business. This T-1000 Terminator mindset was also evident in his youth, especially when he and his buddies assaulted a student who they thought was gay. Romney pinned John Lauber to the ground and, while the boy screamed out for help, the future Republican nominee for president cut his hair with a pair of scissors.

The immorality of what he did probably never occurred to Romney, as it never occurred to him that his corporate raider business model helped him to earn his fortune on the backs of countless destroyed lives. In schools all across the country, LGBT kids continue to be harassed and terrorized. Just yesterday, a 15-year-old boy named Jadin Bell was removed from life support after doctors informed his family that he was brain dead. Jadin had tried to commit suicide by hanging himself from a jungle gym at a local schoolyard after being mercilessly bullied for being openly gay. Jadin’s mother told the press, “We always knew that Jadin is a special person. Now everyone knows.”

Bill Maher once joked that homosexuality can’t possibly be a choice because why would any teenager choose to get the shit kicked out of him by cruel thoughtless meatheads (like Romney and too many others)?

So it goes with a reintroduced Tennessee law, SB 234, also known as the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill. [continue reading here]

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Daily Banter and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    And in Tennessee, this also happened today.

    • muselet

      Oy.

      –alopecia

  • Camel54

    I’m proud to say here in Knoxville, Campfield was asked to leave a restaurant last year because owner said she didn’t welcome his hate. Camp field has also submitted a bill that would tie family financial assistance to the grades the kids make at school. I don’t think it’ll go anywhere, but it’s another illustration of what a repugnant piece of filth he is.

  • muselet

    Too many Republicans still believe they can cure homosexuality.

    True, but I’m not sure that’s the impetus behind this bill, which should be re-nicknamed the “Get Back in Your Closets, You Disgusting Fags!” bill. It’s as if Stacey Campfield realized homosexuality wasn’t something that could be cured, so the next best thing would be to force every kid who doesn’t fit gender stereotypes to hide in terror.

    How can this man sleep at night?

      I’m guessing the scum doesn’t sleep at night. That he actually sleeps in a coffin during the daytime, or else sunlight would burn him away.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Bullying for Jesus is its own reward.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Because nothing says you’re deep in the closet like a man named Stacey Campfield.

  • D_C_Wilson

    “One of the more successful things about Mitt Romney’s doomed 2012
    campaign was his ability to portray himself as an aw-shucks clean-cut
    good guy; a Mormon who never drinks or smokes or uses profanity, and
    quite literally uses the word “gosh” in every day language.”

    I have to disagree with your here, Bob. Romney’s campaign may have wanted to portray him that way, but they were the furthest thing from successful at it. He tried to pass himself off as an older Donnie Osmand, but he came across as Mayor Wilkins.