The Front Lines

Artist – Adam Zyglis

What could go wrong? (via ThinkProgress)

Wisconsin County Sheriff David Clarke is facing backlash for telling Milwaukee, Wisconsin residents to get a gun for emergencies, rather than call 911. In a radio ad, Clarke claims personal and public safety is no longer a “spectator sport,” and urges civilians to “get in the game” before police arrive to a scene

Get in “the game” with a gun and a plastic badge from the dollar store?

    That guy is an actual law enforcement official? Really?!! No one in his position would actually say something that stupid (Joe Arpaio excluded). You have to wonder what qualifies him to be a sherrif in the first place.

  • mrbrink

    I wonder if the good people of that Sikh temple in Oak Creek are supposed to arm themselves or just pray harder for the Sheriff to do his fucking job and arrest himself for public endangerment.

  • JimmyAbra

    I caught some of this on the news and it almost seemed like the excuse for saying this nonsense was “we don’t have money for a police force, so spend (more) money on protecting yourself than the (less) tax money needed to get the police force needed”

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    I believe that in an emergency, everyone would be better off if I’d call 911 than ‘get in the game’.